5'6

Options
2»

Replies

• californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    what's your current and goal weight? just curious.

I currently weigh 126 and I am aiming for 111. I'm muscular so thats why my gw is on the higher side :)

At 5'6" your healthy range is 5’6” 118 – 149 Lbs. This takes into account muscular builds.

I'm 5'1" and my healthy range is 5’1” 99 – 128 Lbs. I got down to 109 while still quite muscular I was at 10% body fat and I felt it was too hard to maintain, but my doctor said I was fine if I wanted to stay there. I've come up to over 120-125 and I'm still at 11.5% body fat.

So, everyone is different but as you get closer to your weight range you will see what you like, see how you feel, see how you look and you can always change your goal whenever you want.

I changed my goals all along the journey. First I just wanted to get from obese to size 8 because that was the smallest I'd ever been in my adult life. Then I realized with the goals my workout program (http://bradpilon.com/weight-loss/womens-body-ideal-measurements/) gave me that I didn't need to limit myself and I got down to a size 2-4 (I'm still there). While at this same size I've changed my waist size with ab exercise experiments and slowing bringing my body fat down a little more (10%), then I decided to come up more a little in body fat because I realized I just have a thick torso because I'm short and I'm muscular, The DXA scan showed that the bulk of my 11% body fat was in my arms and upper legs and 0% in my abdominal area, so it's just something I have to accept unless I decide to live my life at 10% body fat and no ab exercises. I love ab exercises and I'm adding even more.

Just keep experimenting until you find what you want. When in doubt check with your doctor. I had my doctor check my hormone levels throughout the weight loss process because it was scary for me to get so lean and the new way of managing calories for the first time in my life at age 50, but he said all was fine.
  • SameMe_JustLess
    SameMe_JustLess Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" as well. I am at 224 now and think 145 is a realistic goal for me. Good thing about a goal is that it is flexible. I may get close and feel I have more to go. However, right now I just have a mini-goal of being below 200!
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit over 5'6" and am very happy at my goal weight range of 125-128. And, as I continue to work out, I keep getting smaller without losing additional weight. As someone else mentioned, under 118 is considered underweight for 5'6".

P.S. I just looked at your diary and see that your daily calorie goal is 500. This is most definitely unhealthy and eating disordered behavior. I'm sorry, love, but I think you need to check in with a professional and not this site. The goal here is to be as healthy and fit as one can be. Can't support such deeply unhealthy goals.
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 also (128lb right now and 25% body fat) and aiming for around 120-125 lb and BF bet. 20% to 24%.
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options

I currently weigh 126 and I am aiming for 111. I'm muscular so thats why my gw is on the higher side :)
    111 is on the higher side for that height? I have a "small" bone structure and 111 is almost underweight for me.
  • TheMommyWifeLife
    TheMommyWifeLife Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i am trying to get to 125. i think your boob, and hip, and head size matters in if you can do it though lol. i have naturally larger breasts so i doubt i could ever get lower than 125
  • maricash
    maricash Posts: 280 Member
    Options

I had hoped the 111 was a misprint -- that is underweight for someone our height and is certainly not on the "higher side" of anything. I also can't see how you could possibly be muscular at that weight. Now I see from your diary that your calorie goal is 500 a day, so I assume it's not a misprint. If you have to eat at that low a level in order to lose, than you are not meant to weigh less than you already do. Your current weight is fine, why not work on attaining a fitness goal or body fat percentage goal instead?
  • FITNLUVINIT
    FITNLUVINIT Posts: 119 Member
    Options

To be honest I really don't think you are wanting a healthy way of life by looking at your diary you are starving yourself and you really need to get some counseling.
  • P05T5CRIPT
    P05T5CRIPT Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 197 (started at 252), and my goal weight is 150, but honestly I've never in my adult life been that small so won't really know if that's my ultimate goal till I get there :smile:
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options

I'm 169.5 right now and my UGW is 128 but I'll already be quite happy with 135 ;)
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    6'3" - 195 pds currently, want to get to 192 pds. Weighed 242 pds 11 months ago - almost there !
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and 134. I'm happy with where I am right now. I wear a size 2 and have 19% body fat. I personally don't think I could make my body much smaller and comfortably maintain it. It's funny how we are all different.