Tired of celery and carrot sticks! Need a new lo-cal snack

Heyas!

Love that celery sticks and carrots are easy, lo-cal snacks but need some other ideas. What else do you like to snack on to take the hunger edge off?

Replies

• Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Berries, cut up apples in a bag, bananas, cheese sticks, pretzels.
  • junipearl
    junipearl Posts: 326 Member
    in the neighbourhood of carrots and celery: cucumber, berries, grapes =)
  • fwbjohn
    fwbjohn Posts: 1 Member
    Jello - 60 Calorie Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding Snack
    Budget Saver - Sugar Free Twin Pops 30 Calories
    Both can be found at WalMart
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    radishes, cucumbers, cheese sticks, pretzel sticks, hard boiled egg, pickles, popcorn, rice cakes, yogurt, jello, sunflower seeds.
  • twinmomtwice4
    twinmomtwice4 Posts: 1,069 Member
    Why not just add some protein in there to help curb the hunger? You could dip your celery in peanut butter or dip your carrots in some hummus? Or you could have a cheesestick along with the veggies or a hard-boiled egg? I think if you're just eating plain veggies as a snack without combining it with some type of protein, you'll definitely be hungry sooner than later.
  • DenyseMarieL
    DenyseMarieL Posts: 673 Member
    Fruit with peanut butter is my favorite snack. Low calorie, and the peanut butter holds off the hunger.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    fqlxN.gif
  • Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    oh yeah one more great snack, low calorie, high protein. Tuna. I like the starkist in the pouch, low sodium. 70 calories and 17g of protein. They have flavored ones as well, but it's easy enough to add your own.

I like a frigo low fat cheese string (50 calories 7g of protein) and a pouch for a snack. both keep well and take up no room.
  • The 100 calorie packs are good but if you are really hungry nothing beats and apple or a Fiber One bar. My fav is the peanut butter one.... it holds you till the next meal....
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    In and Out, Double-Double animal-style
  • MamaMaryC
    MamaMaryC Posts: 142 Member
    I take 4 slices of ham or turkey lunch meat and wrap romaine lettuce inside each slice.This is about 70 calories.I add wheat thins on the side.
  • I agree with the above posters, especially about peanut butter! I snack on fruits, greek yogurt, cottage cheese, wheat sandwich thins with either peanut/almond butter or a wedge of laughing cow cheese, single serve bag of popcorn, almonds, and the fiber one bars are delish!
  • EatClenTrenHard
    EatClenTrenHard Posts: 339 Member
    mc donalds double cheeseburger, only 440 cal, slightly more than disguisting salad
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    I :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: hummus smeared on a slice of cucumber. I make my own, so I add a LOT more zip than what you buy in the store (hummus can be quite bland unless you really zazz it up), and 2 tbl is approx 70 calories. Smear it on cukes and off you go!
  • How low-cal you want? These are a few of my favorites, all around 100 calories, some a bit more.

Queso cheese dip and rice cakes
    greek yogurt
    riced cauliflower and tomato sauce
    salmon and sauerkraut
    hard boiled egg
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Pimento stuffed olives. 5-10 calories each!
  • chelle_fri
    chelle_fri Posts: 333 Member
    Baked Kale Chips, skip tossing them in olive oil (use a small amount of cooking spray) and you have a very low calorie/ high volume snack.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 638 Member
    Trader Joe's - Organic Light String Cheese, 1 stick 60 calories
    Trader Joe's - Roasted Garlic Hummus, 2 tbsp 50 calories
    Peppers - Red Bell Pepper-Raw, 90 g 28 calories
    Honeycrisp - Medium Apple 154 g, 80 calories
    Trader Joe's - Just A Handful - Whole Cashews - 50% Less Salt, Roasted, 1 bag (34g) 210 calories
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Heyas!

Love that celery sticks and carrots are easy, lo-cal snacks but need some other ideas. What else do you like to snack on to take the hunger edge off?

Any kind of melon, berries, apple, cucumber. Sometimes I chop up those items and mix with sugar free pudding to make a low cal fruit salad.

tomatoes and cucumber with apple cider vinegar, or balsamic vinegar, or red wine vinegar, and some herbs.

PB2 (peanut butter powder with most of the oil removed) mixed with stevia in the raw, and greek yogurt and/or cottage cheese.

A string cheese stick.

greek yogurt with vanilla stevia

sugar free jello pudding mix

air popped pop corn
  • KittieLea
    KittieLea Posts: 1,156 Member
    Carrots and hummus
    cottage cheese with a diced apple, cinnamon sprinkled on top
    peanut butter and banana