ICY HOT...

So this is probably by far the craziest idea that I've ever thought up. I've been researching ways to get rid of the stupid little pocket of fat that I have above my CSection scar. Don't think I'm looking for a quick fix because I bust my *kitten* and eat healthy but can't shake this last little bit. Anyways I've heard thermogenic creams and wraps are good for making not-so-hot areas heat up to burn more fat. I have a thermogenic belt that I used while running but I was still chunky so I'm not sure if it actually helped. I'm not paying a load of money for SweetSweat even though I've read great reviews about it. Finally the question...could I use IcyHot as a thermogenic while I'm working out to burn the annoying friend that just won't go away?!

Replies

• tiffanylacourse
    tiffanylacourse Posts: 2,985 Member
    Bump - interested to see the answer to this one! :smile:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,249 Member
    Hate to burst your bubble but the products that supposedly raise your body temperature to burn away fat are just scams. Fat is fuel, raising your body temperature does not cause you to burn more fuel for the same amount of work, it just makes you sweat more.
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Hate to burst your bubble but the products that supposedly raise your body temperature to burn away fat are just scams. Fat is fuel, raising your body temperature does not cause you to burn more fuel for the same amount of work, it just makes you sweat more.

Thank you. I do way more research than I should on things because I'm such a skeptic. I was just curious if it was MAYBE a possibilty (:
  • fldiver97
    fldiver97 Posts: 341 Member
    So this is probably by far the craziest idea that I've ever thought up. I've been researching ways to get rid of the stupid little pocket of fat that I have above my CSection scar. Don't think I'm looking for a quick fix because I bust my *kitten* and eat healthy but can't shake this last little bit. Anyways I've heard thermogenic creams and wraps are good for making not-so-hot areas heat up to burn more fat. I have a thermogenic belt that I used while running but I was still chunky so I'm not sure if it actually helped. I'm not paying a load of money for SweetSweat even though I've read great reviews about it. Finally the question...could I use IcyHot as a thermogenic while I'm working out to burn the annoying friend that just won't go away?!

Big bogus story, will not work. :noway: Sauna suits/wraps or creams are a waste of time/money.....:noway: Sorry. The only way to 'melt' the fat is weight loss and exercise to get some muscle definition. And if I were to put icy hot on my skin, especially on scar tissue I would look like I've been burned with hot liquid :ohwell: Unless you count the option of getting a surgeon to 'help'.....

edited for typos
  • ohnoetry
    ohnoetry Posts: 129
    Agreed, you could temporarily see some tightening, but it will go away (do a quick google search of people using preparation h for muscle tightening, same thing). Also with saunas and body wraps, you are only dehydrating yourself! It will all come back once you drink water ;)
  • bradphil87
    bradphil87 Posts: 617 Member
    Icy hot, platic wrap, body wraps, etc. all have the same general idea behind them....they draw the water out making the area appar temporally smaller.....once you rehydrate your body it will be the same again
  • OnMyWay4
    OnMyWay4 Posts: 264
    Thank y'all so much and I definitely understand the temporary "shrinkage" behind the adds. I didn't realize they only dehydrate the area.

fldiver97: I've had advice from surgeons after I first started working out only to hear that I'll never be able to acheive what I was after without a TT. I've been in the game for 11 months now and I don't need the TT anymore but I have considered doing SmartLipo as my last resort to get exactly what I want. I hate to do it because I've worked extremely hard and have came so far to give in now. I'd be letting myself down!
  • I believe that the icy hot wraps do work. I have used them before. What I do is rub generic icy hot on my stomach thighs even arms before bed and then wrap the very tightly before bed. And then I sleep with the wraps on. Their are points in the night where you become incredibly cold but it's bearable and I find it refreshing. In the morning when u take off the wrap it's dripping in sweet, so yes there is obviously some water weight being loss. But also during the night when u become incredible cold your body must burn more energy in that area to keep warm. It's a basic principle that I think everyone is over looking. If u wrap up a few nights a week there will be noticeable results. I hope this brings light on a different view point.