30 lbs down and Addicted to Zumba

Options
2»

Replies

• geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hi ya'll! Well I never thought I would post on the success board. My journey has had a rough start. I began at 294.8, sedentary, and a food addict. I began my journey on WW and after four months of it not working for me I decided to look for another avenue. I stumbled on MFP and began Zumba it is all history now. I now have realized that my body has a very specific formula that solves the weight loss equation. Calories in and calories out. Eat to live and don't live to eat. Move everyday...even if your tired...chances are you will thank yourself. Here is my success so far. This is my first time posting pics please let me know if you can't see. Again 30 pounds is a great success....but this is just the beginning. I hope in another few months I can post about my 60lbs down :0)

http://i1343.photobucket.com/albums/o785/NINIC010386/TODAD.jpg

Awesome job! I'm glad you're addicted to Zumba! I am, too! I lost over 40 pounds since starting Zumba. Exercise is definitely more fun! I hope it continues to work out for you! Good luck on your journey!
  • geonbaeLeilee
    geonbaeLeilee Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    i have zumba cds ..have a hard time folowing some of the moves..top and bottom dont want to move at same time..lol
    but i do like the zumba...you look great

Hi Lynn, I'm far from coordinated, but all that matters is that you're moving! With time, it definitely comes!
  • athenaheim
    athenaheim Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I loaned my Zumba to a friend at work.
  • Barbell_Jules
    Barbell_Jules Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Thanks for fixing my pic Jules :)
    You're welcome!!!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Options
    I really need to give Zumba a try. So many people do it and love it!! I am so not coordinated and it looks like you need some excellent coordination to do Zumba.
  • AZDreamgirl
    Options
    Great!!!
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I really need to give Zumba a try. So many people do it and love it!! I am so not coordinated and it looks like you need some excellent coordination to do Zumba.

Coordination can be learned. The key is to stay at your own pace and work on form first...then speed. It took me time to get good @ 50% of the moves...still working on the other 50% LOL.....not unheard of for me to pull a Carlton whilst in Zumba class b/c I can't follow the instructor. JUST KEEP MOVING!!!
  • GDob
    GDob Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you enter Zumba into your exercise diary? Dancing Aerobic? When I google how many calories burnt at zumba, the number I get based on time, intensity and weight is much higher than what Aerobic dance claims.
  • Curvimami
    Curvimami Posts: 1,853 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! you are doing amazingly!!! :flowerforyou:
  • nturner612
    nturner612 Posts: 710 Member
    Options
    u look GREAT!! amazing job! keep up all ur hard work!! very visible results way to go!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Barbell_Jules
    Options

Coordination can be learned. The key is to stay at your own pace and work on form first...then speed. It took me time to get good @ 50% of the moves...still working on the other 50% LOL.....not unheard of for me to pull a Carlton whilst in Zumba class b/c I can't follow the instructor. JUST KEEP MOVING!!!
    Pull a Carlton?! OMG I love it!!!! Man, I loved that show growing up. LOL

Thanks for your input on the coordination, that helps.
  • gekcsk
    gekcsk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good. I have lost over 100 pounds so I know where you are coming from. I also just purchase the Wii zumba and am having so much fun with it. I can't go very long yet, but will build up my time. I am 62 and this old body needs to take more time to build up to some work outs than it use to. :laugh: You have inspired me to keep at it. You look great by the way. :drinker:
  • ninic010386
    ninic010386 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    You are doing so good. I have lost over 100 pounds so I know where you are coming from. I also just purchase the Wii zumba and am having so much fun with it. I can't go very long yet, but will build up my time. I am 62 and this old body needs to take more time to build up to some work outs than it use to. :laugh: You have inspired me to keep at it. You look great by the way. :drinker:

Thank you so much! 62....Yah!!! You are inspiring :-) I hope I can be fit like you at 62!!! My mom is 58 and just joined my Zumba classes and she says it is what she looks forward to everyday b/c she gets to cut loose and be sexy :)
  • strawberrytoast
    strawberrytoast Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Wonderful and at least your doing something you enjoy. Your before picture looked like me at 224lbs! you carry your weight well
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Greta job! You're looking fantastic!
  • jojeh2011
    jojeh2011 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    this is why i love MFP. these success stories are so refreshing, and girl you look fabulous!!!

question: I've taken a zumba class here and there in the past, but am wondering if I can do it at home without an instructor? If so, what DVD(s) do you recommend?

keep up the good work, lady!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!