Calories Question - Candy

Options
Hi everyone,

Today, I went to the movies and had candy. Please don't judge, that never happens (well not never, but you get my point!).

I went for about 100gr / 3.5oz of sugar coated candy, and I have no idea how many calories that would be. I tried looking through the data but could not find any equivalent.

I had one strawberry roll (coated in sugar) and one that tastes like coke. I also had one sugar coated coke bottle and one strawberry candy... I feel terrible now but it's the TOM at the moment and it's hard to resist cravings. Luckily, I skipped breakfast this morning cause I slept in late (never happens either).

Anyway, I'm asking for your expertise, and yes I would rather over estimate than under estimate. And yes, I will workout tonight - Body Revolution which burns around 200 calories.

Thanks for your answers everyone!

Deborah

Replies

• joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    i would put it in as pick and mix sweets that comes up its the type they serve at cinema xx

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/calories/pick-n-mix-sweets-16571598
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    Thank you so much.

It says about 350 calories per 100 gr, which is the portion I had.

Do you think that is enough?? I mean the whole thing was covered in sugar!
  • joeysox
    Options
    yeah thats what the cals are at the cinema by me, all covered in sugar and basically made up of sugar hehe, bare in mind a 100g of sugar isnt far off those cals :) id say its accurate xx
  • boston6
    boston6 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    In the long run, logging as 250 - 350 - 450 really does not make that much of a difference. This wasn't an everyday thing where you could be off over a long period of time. 350 is fine.
  • joeysox
    Options
    In the long run, logging as 250 - 350 - 450 really does not make that much of a difference. This wasn't an everyday thing where you could be off over a long period of time. 350 is fine.

this is a good point, if you tend to keep your food diary consistent a treat wont matter. I used to eat erratically but now my food is consistent, i had a treat the other day and didnt even gain a thing your body adjusts as it goes :) x
  • dbkrantz
    dbkrantz Posts: 138
    Options
    We'll see! I logged in about 400 just to be on the safe side.

I have about 300 calories left + exercise calories so I will be fine for tonight.

What worries me more is the fact that it's the TOM. We will see on Saturday,

Thanks guys!
  • joeysox
    Options
    dont worry its normal to fluctuate around TOM :) im sure you will be fine xxx
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't even worry about it.........
  • blairhanson
    Options
    It wont make you gain an ounce. Remember this for a day in the future when you need a reward. If you dont occasionally give yourself a treat you may find it harder than necessary to stay on your plan. Dont sweat it.
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    The dangerous thing is not eating a few pieces of candy. It is feeling so guilty about it and make such a big deal about it.
    If you are going to approach this as a sustainable lifestyle, that will never work in the long run. You will put too much pressure on yourself and ultimately fail or be miserable or both.
    KNOW that you have to make room to not worry so much about little things like this. And it IS a little thing. Now if you had binged on candy all day and went way over your calorie goal, that would be different. But you didn't. Life is too short to worry about having a few pieces of candy every now and then.