Staying on Track

Options
So, i'm starting over, again, at this weight loss thing for the third time in the past year. I seem to lose some and then gain it all back. It makes me wonder, how do I stick with it? I see all these wonderful success stories, and yet, after a year of on and off dieting, I'm still at the same place. So how do you stay motivated? How do you stay on track?

Replies

• Yukongil
    Yukongil Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    by finding something that is worth it to you. Your true motivation if you will. While I won't discount someone's wish to look good in a swimsuit or to be able to pick up a buick, one typically needs a strong motivator to make a major life change and have it stick.
  • treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    by finding something that is worth it to you. Your true motivation if you will. While I won't discount someone's wish to look good in a swimsuit or to be able to pick up a buick, one typically needs a strong motivator to make a major life change and have it stick.

I agree. My motivation is to be healthier. I try to eat healthier foods as I go along on this journey, and find exercises that I like. If I lose a lb along that's great, but I'm more about feeling and looking better then what the scale says...
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,011 Member
    Options
    I broke it down into baby steps, every monday I would make a new goal, this week I will stay within my calories and I will do whatever for exercise however many times a week also I concentrated on only 10 lbs at a time, for every 10 lbs i lost i bought myself a new pair of earrings.......you have to just find what works for you. When I started losing 100 +lbs seemed overwhelming and impossible so breaking it down helped alot
  • joeysox
    joeysox Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    maybe a new motivation? ive found that on the whole people wanting to lose weight for a particular event etc dont stick to it and put it back on try to view it as a healthier life style rather than a diet. eat what you want but a smaller portion etc. ive been at this a long time and it takes time to adjust it in your mind, after 6 years of none stop dieting im only just getting it into my head that its ok to have treats and eat tasty stuff (love food i home cook everything i like so its healthier though) and if you have a bad day with it dont be too hard on yourself just draw a line under it and get on with the next day :) xxx
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    For everytime Ive failed Ive tried to backtrack and see what I couldve done differentely and if Im repeating some pattern. Im an emotional eater so for me the hardest thing has been to break that pattern and deal with why I choose to eat my emotions.

Also, baby steps! Dont set your goals to high. Everytime Ive done that Ive only ended up dissapointing and guilttripping myself because Im not good enough. Start with one workout a week, and up it when one has become so much of a routine that you would miss it if you stopped!

And dont be to hard on yourself! A cheatmeal one day out of seven is not the end of the world and no reason to give up. Just get back up in the saddle the next day!