Good Goal Weight for 5'2

Options
2»

Replies

• kellicci
    kellicci Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and I always feel a little better with some curves. So My goal right now is 127. I've been as low as 124 but I really prefer to have better muscle tone and be a few pounds heaveir. If 124 was comfrable to you then shoot for that but if you are unhappy with how it looked or feels maybe you should focus more on body composition once you get there.
  • sarah5423
    sarah5423 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and started my journey at 130lbs although I have never been slim in my adult life and never weighed or really paid attention to my exact weight. But I was 130lbs when I decided I did not want to be the size I was anymore - I have a small frame and looked so much bigger than 130lbs. I initially set my goal at 120 then 115 then 110 and basically I kept going to the point I'm at now which is 101lbs. I had no idea what the ideal weight for me was so kept going until I felt relatively comfortable. Although because I have not incorporated strength training I need to tone A LOT so I don't mind the scale going up as long as the measurements go down. Everyone is different and each person will have their own ideal weight, I see people who are 10 - 15lbs heavier than me but look 100% better in their body composition.
    My advice would be to set mini goals for yourself maybe 5lbs at a time which helps with the mental aspect of weightloss and as you progress see when you feel comfortable in your own skin - best of luck to you!
  • kaelara
    kaelara Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I am also 5'2" and am 33. All the dumb calculators say I should weigh between 115 and 125 or so. I've always been curvy. In high school I was very athletic and weighed 115 and a size 6/8. In college I was less active but hovered at 123lbs and a size 8. My metabolism changed on me when I got near 30, and now at 33 I weigh 140-145 and am a size 12. I have a pretty big chest (36D) and wide hips. I know I feel better when I am more fit, which is the whole reason I joined MFP, but I hate how my body looks/feels below 135 now that I am older. I start to look sick and I feel terrible.

My point is that a good goal weight for us short ladies is not always going to be 115 lbs like the charts say. I really worry about how this adds to eating disorders. It's hard for me to constantly keep myself in "check" when I read how skinny everyone on here wants to be. I know 115 is spot on for some shorties, but it's really not for everyone. My current goal weight of 135 is the one that turns heads when I walk into a room-- we all need some way to measure, right!?! :)
  • LipstickandIron
    LipstickandIron Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am 5'2 and started at 150 ,which was my heaviest weight ever and felt absolutely AWFUL. I am at about 135 now, steel feel gross, and my goal is somewhere between 115 and 120. I have a pretty small frame and right now there is a lot of weight on it. I haven't put a definite number on my goal because I have no idea how I am going to look or feel as I keep losing so I want to keep it open a little bit. I am leaning more toward the 115 side of things, though. Please, feel free to add me, the more friends the merrier. Not to mention the support and encouragement from people is helpful. Oh and as for gaining weight at the new job, I hear ya! I have been at my job now for about a year and when I first started I, also, packed on 12 pounds within in a couple of months. I was horrified, wanted to lose weight, but didn't really start doing anything until around 2 months ago.
  • Sabrina__26
    Options
    I'm 26 years old, 5'2'' and my goal weight is 110 lbs. I think I'd be happy at that weight as I've been that size before and feel now that that was a good weight to be. I'm hoping I'll be more toned and have more muscle than I had the last time though.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Dang girl, your story could be my story! I was consistently hovering around the mid 130's at 5'3" and unhappy. Then I went from floor nursing (which is a LOT of walking/lifting) to a 40 hr desk job. I put on about 14 lbs and topped out at 144. i was so unhappy and felt like crap. Then I got serious on MFP and dropped down to 118 at my lowest. I looked great and felt great, but it was REALLY hard to maintain! So over the course of 6 months I inched back up to 126 and that's where I am now!

I feel like my ideal weight was right around 118 and toned up. But it's seriously hard to maintain so I'll settle for around 120-122!

Feel free to add me! I love meeting people with a similar body size and similar goals!
  • tachyon_master
    tachyon_master Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2", 32 years old and am currently weighing in at just under 110 (I was up to 141 at the end of last year). I've met the goal weight I set for myself, but am probably looking to lose another couple of lbs. I'm more on the muscly side due to years of competitive sport, so I'm never going to get right down to being borderline underweight.

That's kind of what killed my weight in the first place. I went from doing competitive sport and having access to a nutritionist through that...To no competitive sport at all. My job and work schedule just doesn't allow for anything that requires me to be doing something like that at a specific time. I piled on the pounds pretty quickly after that. I manage to get to the gym every day now, but I'm there whenever I can find a spare hour or so, which varies from day to day depending on meetings and stuff. So organised sport is out for me.