Joined Planet Fitness!!

Options
Alright, so I joined!!
Here is my dilemma....I have NO clue what to wo,rk out on there?
I am 250 and short, most of my weight is centralized in my *kitten*, thighs and belly.
I have NEVER worked out a day in my life, so all this stuff confuses me.
Someone, PLEASE, direct me on what to utilize first and foremost to atleast begin!

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    A trainer.

Seriously, if you have little to no experience, it would be worth it.
  • cdub78
    cdub78 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I would start out with cardio using the elliptical machine and start with some light weights for strength training and then work your way up. Good luck and congrats on making that step!!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    A trainer.

Seriously, if you have little to no experience, it would be worth it.

I agree. If one is inexperienced, not confident, and uninclined to learn from books or videos, a few sessions with a trainer would be well worth it.
  • steve1686
    steve1686 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    a trainer would probably be a good idea for you
  • Lisah8969
    Lisah8969 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Well you can definitely just jump on a treadmill or elliptical or bike and give the cardio a try. Also my PF has a circuit training area (called 30 minute express workout). I really like doing this and am upset that I ignored it for so long. Also PF has free trainers! Sign up for a couple different sessions so you can get some instruction on machines for different parts of the body. I use the one at my gym for upper body and have learned quite a bit, but still do strength training on my own once a week. So while they don't have classes there, help is available. Good luck!