HCG

NewBeginning2010
NewBeginning2010 Posts: 235 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My coworker is taking HCG and has lost 18 pounds in 16 days. My mom got a flyer the other day about some weight loss clinic in las vegas and when i did research on it, it happened to be the same thing HCG.

It sounds too good to be true and my coworker said she only eats 500 calories a day. I know on here they say not to eat under 1200 or your body starves but how is she losing all that weight?

Replies

• bebhinn
    bebhinn Posts: 198
    She is starving her body.... whats going to happen is that her metabolism will shut down and she will go into starvation mode.

Basically, too good to be true.
  • ambercole
    ambercole Posts: 426
    Yeah and when you lose weight that fast you will almost always gain it back. And it usually brings friends with it!!!:frown:
  • kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Go to google and put in hcg and wight loss, see what is there, one of my favorites is this one
    http://www.dietsinreview.com/diet_column/07/hcg-diet-look-elsewhere-for-weight-loss/
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    500 seems incredibly low. And taking HCG sounds dangerous to me. I don't think she'll be able to keep that diet up for long.

But personally, I know from experience that I cannot lose weight on 1200 calories per day no matter how much I exercise. I am insulin resistant (pre-diabetic). My doctor and dietitian only want me to eat between 800-1000 net calories per day. I set my MFP settings to have a 1000 calorie limit. If I eat 1200 everyday, I will just maintain my weight. I have to eat about 6 small meals 2 to 2-1/2 hours a part each day including 3 snacks around 100 calories each and 3 meals around 200 calories each. Each meal has to be high in protein, and no more than 15 carbs per meal. I aim to eat only 50g of carbs each day, but that is difficult to achieve.

I would stick to what this web site recommends unless your doctor or dietitian recommend otherwise.
  • youngs
    youngs Posts: 250 Member
    That is what happen to me and when I feel off the wagon and started gaining back I had 17 extra pounds come on also..I would avoid this..I have seen the downfall and when your body goes into starvation it is not a good thing and many health problems are to follow..I belive now that a life style change with the proper food is the right road..followed by exercising..sound like the key to success.. slow loss = good results..thats my way of thinking..hope this helps ya.
  • adow
    adow Posts: 13
    I've been using HCG cream for 2 1/2 weeks and have lost almost 10 lbs. and over 3 ins. from my waist. The HCG curves your appetite and absolves abnormal fat in the body. You don't go into starvation mode, you are burning the additional calories over the 500 from the abnormal fat. I have had several cheat days during these last 2 weeks, where I lost no weight, but didn't gain either. I have spoken to several that have completed the diet and they say that if you follow the no carbs/sugar for 3 weeks after and gradually add back healthy grains, then you maintain weight loss. My doctor prescribed me the HCG due to having PCOS and unable to loose weight naturally.
This discussion has been closed.