Inner Knee Pain... please help!

Options
I just had my daughter 2 months ago and prior being pregnant I was losing weight. Well once I got pregnant I stopped everything. I tried to walk during but I couldnt because of pelvic pain. Well over the course of many years I have lose 30 pounds. I started working out 3 weeks ago by doing the couch to 5k program. I did the program last Friday and on Sunday out of no where both my knees were bothering me on the inside, they even hurt when I gently press on the spots. I worked out on Monday and experienced a lot of pain, so I gave it a 2 day break. Today my knees felt better and I went back to the gym and right after my first 3 minute run there it went again, my knees both started hurting really bad. I have never ever experience knee pain before and I don't know what could be causing it. I have worked out harder than I am right now before and weighed more and didn't experience this, so I don't think it is because of my weight. But I dont know... any suggestions??

Replies

• mikejamesjhm
    Options
    Nature of knee pain complications could vary with age. Diseases like sesamoid bone inflammation, Osgood-Schlatter square measure common among tykes inflicting severe knee pain. Seniors sometimes suffer from knee pain thanks to diseases like gouty arthritis and degenerative arthritis. There square measure bound sports that place nice stress on knees. Skiing, football, cycling, jumps and sprinting square measure few of them. individuals taking part in such sports square measure at high risk of difficult knee injuries leading to severe knee pain. Having associate injury in knee makes it a lot of susceptible to future injuries.

Knee pain are often managed and prevented by avoiding injuries and taking some easy measures. dominant weight reduces possibilities of getting a knee pain alternative additionally to up your look. it's necessary to wear sensible try of shoes that has support and causes you to feel comfy. Such shoes scale back possibilities of knee injuries. Warming up your muscles is important before beginning any exercise or game. Stretch muscles at back and front of your legs for lowering tension on your tendons.
  • bufger
    bufger Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    You need to go and see a doctor. Getting a bunch of internet opinions will not be the best option for your health!

Self diagnosis is not a good thing although its increasing in commonality. You really need to go and see a professional and get their opinion.

All the best! I hope its nothing serious
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    You need to go and see a doctor. Getting a bunch of internet opinions will not be the best option for your health!

Self diagnosis is not a good thing although its increasing in commonality. You really need to go and see a professional and get their opinion.

All the best! I hope its nothing serious

This.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    You did not mention going to a doctor. Is there a reason you haven't? Go see a doctor. Seriously. They can help you. Not going can damage you. So can asking random strangers for advice on the internet.

Posts by members, moderators and admins should not be considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I trained with c25k and finally made my mile. I was so excited I forgot my cool down!
    The Next day I Couldn't walk upstairs. Scared me so bad I thought really I messed up my knees forever. I literally had to walk backwards down the stairs in order to get out of the theater I was in.

The reason I'm writing this is because it scared me very badly and I thought I would have really messed up my knees, but I didn't. It was the stretching and the cooling down. I think one post mentioned, the knees are the insertion points of a lot of muscles from your lower leg and in your upper leg. all those muscles in those insertion poin,t if they're not stretched out correctly, like the quad is really tight it keeps pulling on the knee. Mine felt like sand behind the kneecap again really scared me.

I went to the doctor who told me that I should rest and stretch every morning. I actually got a little yoga video that was excellent a 15 minute yoga yoga video. did all of that for about a week and I've never had any problem again.

So this is not advice it's just my experience as to what happened because I know how scary it is to think you might've messed up your knees and it just sounds like you need to see a doctor and maybe do some stretches.

I hope it all works out! I'm really proud of you for the 14 Pounds off so far. don't give up keep walking even can't run keep walking walking is good for you good luck and welcome Mfp

Arewethereyet
  • Farburnfred
    Farburnfred Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Get a physio to work with you. Pelvic issues in pregnancy are often a sign that your overall body mechanics are not ideal. Stretching very important.

Hope you are back exercising soon
  • samblanken
    samblanken Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Shoes.
    Have you been to a running store and been properly fitted? Most runners will tell you they know it's time for new shoes when their knees start to hurt.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Shoes.
    Have you been to a running store and been properly fitted? Most runners will tell you they know it's time for new shoes when their knees start to hurt.

Oh and this. So this! Running Wild made me jog for 15minutes around the bldg to be sure the shoes were right for me!
  • jillybaby86
    jillybaby86 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your helpful advice and support! I think it was just my body getting used to moving around like that again after carrying so much extra weight because I am ok now! :) Thank goodness because that was very scary!

And elisabat.... I don't find your post to be very nice. If I thought it was a life threatening problem I would have went to the doctor. I just don't have insurance currently. I was just asking people for suggestions like people gave me such as stretching and new shoes. No need to be mean, I wasn't asking for a cure. I was just really scared because I have never had knee issues before.