Can you look at my food diary please?

Options
I was wondering if someone could look at my food diary and give me some advice. I've been able to lose 23lbs in the past two months averaging 2lbs a week but for the last two weeks I have not lost any weight. I know 2 weeks doesn't sound like a long time but in my world it's making me very frustrated. I was only eating 1200 calories/day because honestly I couldn't eat any more or I'd have exploded. As of last weekend I have increased my calories to meet my daily goals for 2 reasons 1) I'm hungry and 2) i work out twice a week which involves cardio and heavy weight training. Three things to note: I cannot eat eggs. After having my son, I've developed a sensitivity to eggs. I also seem to be using Protein shakes a lot. With 2 kids under 2 at home I find they are my go to meal when things are a chaotic at home and I find it any easy way to get my calories in. And thirdly, I'm not a huge fruit fan. Apples are honestly the only fruit I like (unfortunately). Just wondering if any one can offer me advise on what to alter/change/try. FYI: 38F 5'6" 187lbs 1st Goal 180lbs

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    give in more time
  • astrampe
    astrampe Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    Only thing I can see is that you eat very little fruit and veggies, and lots of bread and peanutbutter....Overall your calories are very low if you really burn a lot with exercise...
    I'mm 5'8, 177lbs and 44(perimenopausal - which basically means fat only goes away under extreme protest...And I eat 1550 on a no exercise day, more if I do heavy cardio...
    Try to eat more real meat - or greek yogurt if you can't do eggs, veggies (cause lettuce isn't really that nutritious) and give it time...You will not lose at the same fast rate forever...The less you have to lose, the slower the loss will be....
  • cedarghost
    cedarghost Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    give in more time

At least 4 to 6 weeks.....
  • quiltlady77
    quiltlady77 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Every so often you hit a plateau and sounds like you may have done that. It will last for a week or maybe two. As someone else mentioned, the less you have to lose the slower it seems to go. Also more veggies would be good although I didn't see your food diary, not sure how you do that. Anyway have patience and keep with it!
  • Melo1966
    Melo1966 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    More water less protein shake. Add flavor to the water if you have to. On the go snacks apples, small peppers, cheese.
  • melantie
    Options
    If your doing heavy weight lifting then your building muscle.

You may need to switch up your cardio routine too.

I notice you seem to eat the same types of food over and over. Can you change this? Try some new foods!
  • ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    When you work out, are you really pushing yourself? Consider a HRM to be sure you're getting your heart rate up enough. I totally plateaued for several months b/c I just wasn't pushing myself hard enough, even though I'd spend an hour on the elliptical and thought I was doing a lot/burning a lot of calories. I added running/intervals in to my routine, really got my heart rate up, and quickly broke my plateau. Just a thought.
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

I notice you seem to eat the same types of food over and over. Can you change this? Try some new foods!

Unless you're a genetic freak (which is possible, but unlikely) the whole gaining muscle while eating on a caloric deficit is pure bull fertilizer. You may have some muscle gains to begin with, but that won't continue for long.

But I'll agree with the rest...you may need to shake things up. Peanut butter is a great way to add calories (or any kind of nuts for that matter). Use olive oil when you can when cooking. Sauteed veggies are awesome, throw in some brown rice and some chicken and you have a great stir fry that will help boost your calorie count. Milk is another way to get easy calories, not to mention some healthy fat and other vitamins.

Your body has most likely just gotten used to what you're doing, so change up what you're eating, maybe work out a little more or find harder routines, or maybe your body just needs a rest. Take a few days off and give your body a chance to recuperate.

ETA...just looked a little closer at your profile and noticed you're getting close to your goal. At this point, losing too much weight is a danger because you may be actually *losing* muscle, which is your calorie burning machine, and that could have led to a metabolic decrease and thus your stall. Absolutely up your calories, change your loss goal to to 1 pound / week and see how that goes.
  • rickerred12
    Options

Unless you're a genetic freak (which is possible, but unlikely) the whole gaining muscle while eating on a caloric deficit is pure bull fertilizer. You may have some muscle gains to begin with, but that won't continue for long.

But I'll agree with the rest...you may need to shake things up. Peanut butter is a great way to add calories (or any kind of nuts for that matter). Use olive oil when you can when cooking. Sauteed veggies are awesome, throw in some brown rice and some chicken and you have a great stir fry that will help boost your calorie count. Milk is another way to get easy calories, not to mention some healthy fat and other vitamins.

Your body has most likely just gotten used to what you're doing, so change up what you're eating, maybe work out a little more or find harder routines, or maybe your body just needs a rest. Take a few days off and give your body a chance to recuperate.

ETA...just looked a little closer at your profile and noticed you're getting close to your goal. At this point, losing too much weight is a danger because you may be actually *losing* muscle, which is your calorie burning machine, and that could have led to a metabolic decrease and thus your stall. Absolutely up your calories, change your loss goal to to 1 pound / week and see how that goes.
    She isn't loosing muscle, her protein intake is making sure of that.

Measure your waist, you are more than likely loosing fat but gaining muscle.