5'9" 155lbs - ANYBODY OUT THERE LIKE THAT?

Options
2»

Replies

• rlmadrid
    rlmadrid Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    5'9" at 145. I carry the majority of my weight in a tummy donut. I'm looking to drop to 135-140 but the weight isn't what's important. I'm at 22% bf looking to be 18%
  • Mceastes
    Mceastes Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I had bumped up to 157 - yikes! I have a small frame so it was all on my tummy/hips. Back down to 140 now and very happy with it! Everyone has different reasons for why they gained the weight. I'm a personal trainer so my workouts were very consistent, but I had totally let the eating go and it caught up with me. I was under a lot of stress at the time and I'm an emotional eater. Anyway, logging my calories was what worked for me and it's what works for my clients, most of whom I also have using this site. Good luck!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I think how a person feels at ANY height/weight really varies--as you can see from all the posts of people at varying heights/weights similar to yours. At my most recent "best" (I've sadly gained about 8 pounds back and need to work on that) I was 155 at 5'8 1/2, and feeling amazing. My ultimate goal was 150, but I felt great and looked great at 155...so...?
  • hipsdontlie1
    hipsdontlie1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9'' and weighted in at 154 this morning! I have lost 28 pounds so I am feeling great at 154 but my goal is 150 and i'm pushing to get there! I do still want to get down.. I would love to have a BMI 21, I would have to weigh 142! That's probably my ultimate goal! I just work out atleast 4 times a week, eat healthy 90% of the time, and logging has helped alot!
  • allisona28
    allisona28 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I WISH!!!!
  • Flowers4Julia
    Flowers4Julia Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Hi Barb!

I am 5'9" and I started MFP at 153... and because I have a small frame I felt fat as hell too! I lost down to 135 and that was good....BUT, I just wanted to really fit "my bone structure" so I did continue and lost to 118....and my body fat is 20%...pretty good since I'm 54 yrs old! But I do work hard and am a very clean eater.

Now, I know that sounds waaaaay to small, BUT I really do have a tiny frame, with super long legs...just my fate!

So, do some research and check into an appropriate body weight for your bone structure. Don't listen to advice/opinions from those who ...well...don't know you! Or just check BMI charts or whatever, they aren't real people accurate, just averages. And, be smart about it. If you get thin and don't have energy then maybe a little extra weight is fine.

In the end, it is all good because we are all individuals! Use your intuition and smarts!

Best of Luck !!

:heart: