need to vent

kejurek
kejurek Posts: 28 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I've been really good for the past month. I've only really messed up and went over my calories two or three times which is hugee for me ha and managed to lose about 4 pounds yeahhh :) .. anyways I went and visited the family this weekend and I don't get to see them very often and it feels like all they want to do is feed me! The second I walked in the door my mom had a giant plate made for me complete with basically every sort of food I've been trying to avoid.. Of course I ate alllll of it! To top it off my 4 year old sister made cupcakes and I obviously couldn't turn her down! Long story short I now feel like crap and I'm extremely full and would like to pretend that never happened haha

Replies

• lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Been there, done that! Drink lots of water, work out more than usual, and chalk it up to experience. Next time you go to visit, you'll know to prepare better!:happy: One day, or even one weekend will not make or break your weight loss. Get back into your usual routine ASAP. Don't use this as an excuse to continue eating bad!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    I try to eat a healthy meal before I go places. That way I can make a goal of not eating anything. For me once I start I find I have a bad "well, I already blew it, what is one more" attitude. Let your family know you are eating healthier so mom isn't hurt when you turn down her yummys, but let them know you will be there for a visit not a meal. As for your sister you could ask her to help you eat it. That is what I do with my kids. I give my son a big bite, my daughter a big bite, then I take a little bite. It is nice to teach sharing as well as saving you some cals without having to miss out on EVERYTHING.

:flowerforyou:
    It is really hard. I understand. My guy eats all kinds of yummy stuff everynight in front of me and I am wishing the whole time that I could have some 2. Smelling it is hard for me. But I just think of how great I will feel once I am at my goal.
  • Twylla
    Twylla Posts: 51
    I hear you on that! My boyfrien(with whom i live) bought me A&W for supper tonight good thing i burnt a ton of calories at hot yoga and had cheer but i still feel bloated and like i've taken 10 steps back. Almost depressed. I don't know what is keeping me from eating that bag of chips in the cupboard. :( It's getting more and more tempting every minute and the gym i go to is closed already so i can't even just go for a run to get the food off my mind and to make it worse that 1000 calorie meal was not even worth it cuz i'm already hungry!!! UGH CURSE YOU A&W!
This discussion has been closed.