Am I Eating Enough?

saram21
saram21 Posts: 88
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
My daily calorie goal is 1,820. By the end of the day I usually still have 250-450 calories left. I've been eating healthy foods and I fill up pretty easily now that I'm eating right. I usually don't eat up the rest of my calories because I am already full. Is it okay to do this or should I eat all of my calories? Will this cause me to lose weight to fast?

Replies

• pmjsmom
    pmjsmom Posts: 1,926 Member
    You're probably eating enough. If you find that you are losing more than 1 1/2 to 2 pounds a week, though, you should up the number of calories that you eat.
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Well, according to your goals, you have 55 lbs to lose. If you have your goal set to 1lb a week, and eat consistantly less than that, you're probably ok, for now (as you get closer to your goal, this may become less of an issue as your calories go lower). If your goal is set to 2lb a week, this might not be a great idea.

Some suggestions for easily upping calories:
    nuts- almonds, walnuts, etc.
    switch to a higher fat milk- 2% vs 1%, etc
    eat smaller portions of full fat product- rather than buying no/low fat foods, get the regular ones, just watch the portion size!

I know that last one sounds indulgent and crazy, but mmmm!:laugh: I was having trouble eating enough calories sometimes, and I did this. I felt guilty at first, but I was staying under my numbers, so NO MORE guilt!:bigsmile:
  • saram21
    saram21 Posts: 88
    Thanks!
This discussion has been closed.