if all you ever posted on the internet

Options

Replies

• FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Well Obama is pushing for everyone to be required to have a public internet ID. The wild west days of the internet are coming to and end very shortly.

Source: http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/obama-pushing-internet-id-americans

Next time read it.

These digital IDs would be offered to consumers by online vendors for financial transactions.

Schmidt stressed today that anonymity and pseudonymity will remain possible on the Internet. “I don’t have to get a credential if I don’t want to,” he said. There’s no chance that “a centralized database will emerge,” and “we need the private sector to lead the implementation of this,” he said.

You just dropped a weight in MY gym brah...

I threw it down and flexed in the mirror and screamed
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Meh...I think I'm pretty safe.

I do have a funny story about the whole security thing though...a few years ago, when my son was about 3 or 4, my kids & I were at the airport here in Reno getting ready to fly back to PA to see my family. We were delayed at check-in forever! Finally, the airline employee came back & said the reason for the delay was because my toddler son's name was on the FAA Watch List. :huh: And then they proceeded to tell me that because of the delay, my kids & I wouldn't be sitting together. I managed to keep my temper & tell them to fix that *kitten*...thankfully, other passengers were super cool & were willing to be moved around so my kids & I could sit together. So, I'm more worried about that cropping again than stuff I've posted online...
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Well Obama is pushing for everyone to be required to have a public internet ID. The wild west days of the internet are coming to and end very shortly.

Source: http://www.homelandsecuritynewswire.com/obama-pushing-internet-id-americans

Next time read it.

These digital IDs would be offered to consumers by online vendors for financial transactions.

Schmidt stressed today that anonymity and pseudonymity will remain possible on the Internet. “I don’t have to get a credential if I don’t want to,” he said. There’s no chance that “a centralized database will emerge,” and “we need the private sector to lead the implementation of this,” he said.

Like a boss.
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options

Nice glutes...
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Next time read it.

I was just using that as an example of where we are headed. Thats a starting point...where does it go from there? Besides there are numerous articles on the subject and depending on which ones you read the nature of the anonymity of them is definately in question.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm an Angel
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    um...there might be a few pics:blushing:
  • FullOfWin
    FullOfWin Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options

Next time read it.

I was just using that as an example of where we are headed. Thats a starting point...where does it go from there? Besides there are numerous articles on the subject and depending on which ones you read the nature of the anonymity of them is definately in question.

You used an article about how in the future you can, if you choose, use one online ID to complete monetary transactions over the internet on many different websites?

Cool story bro.
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    I would be promoted for being even more awesome than people had originally thought.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Written/typed: safe

Photos: Im screwed.
  • jesse1379
    jesse1379 Posts: 239 Member
    Options

Next time read it.

You used an article about how in the future you can, if you choose, use one online ID to complete monetary transactions over the internet on many different websites?

Cool story bro.

*facepalm* Nm.....
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    They will never take me alive
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I am as rude and foul-mouthed in person as I am online. I am consistent.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    I'd be fine. Except for being labeled a homophobic, pro-birth, extremely religious nutcase who sometimes makes inappropriate jokes - oh wait! That's the rep I have offline too! No prob!
  • ChristineMarie89
    ChristineMarie89 Posts: 1,142 Member
    Options
    meh so so. . .
  • atxdee
    atxdee Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    the people in my life would probably clap & cheer bc I'm pretty boring in real life LOL

this
  • polarsjewel
    polarsjewel Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    I don't post on the internet....:tongue:
  • RunningDirty
    Options
    I don't post anything on the Internet I wouldn't want my son to see. UNLESS I'm intoxicated, but those don't count. As for the rest of the thread, I'm biting my libertarian tongue. :flowerforyou:
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I would be relatively safe. I cover my tracks well. ;)
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    People would think I'm really warm and fuzzy and out-going based on my Internet footprint. I'm very private - friendly but not very social in real life. I am not ashamed of anything I've done or anywhere I've been online - except for that one time...but I have a good explanation for that. :wink: