anyone with a fitbit?

Options
I just bought and synced a fit bit zip to my MFP account. For some reason it put in -217 calories and has taken it off my calorie goal for today! In fitbit it says I have already burned 712 calories (I have only just put it on). How do I reset it all??

Replies

• mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I have one but I'm technically challenged so can't help there. Have fun with it though! I'm never without it and the fitbit aria scales are great too because you can see your weight and body fat along with your fitbit steps/ calories/sleep graphed out on your account online.
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    It says 712 calories because that is what your body has burned today just by being alive. The negative adjustment is a new thing. I wouldn't worry about it because it's your first day, but it's trying to "fix" your calorie intake based on the exercise you've done today. The FitBit is saying you haven't even gotten to the level of activity you are set at in MFP and gives you a negative until you've done enough activity to justify it. It's hard to explain...there is a FitBit User group here!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users
  • ecw3780
    ecw3780 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    it took away calories because you have not been active enough. When it syncs with the fitbit, it automatically adjusts your calories up or down. And yes, the 712 are your alive calories.
  • ninjapdx
    ninjapdx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    There isn't a way to fix the data for today, to take care of the adjustment on MFP you can delete it manually or unsync till tomorrow. On the fitbit site theres not much you can do but wait until tomorrow and it'll start counting from midnight properly.

Other than that, you could walk your butt off to get your adjustment back into positive :P

Congrats on the Fitbit, I got one a few months ago and it's been awesome. It's a great motivator to get off your butt.
  • BlackTimber
    BlackTimber Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It will reset automatically at 12:01am. Make sure that your settings on the FitBit match your MFP settings as far as weight loss and activity levels go. Also, make all of your food and extra non-fitbit type workouts on MFP.