How to maintain / lose weight during the holidays

Options
So it is early November, and I am already hearing people make excuses for not continuing to lose or maintain their weight throughout the holidays. It's almost like November and December is a free-for-all, and it is excused because "it's the holidays".

My wife and I have lost a combined 245 pounds, and last holiday season was right at the beginning of our journey. We lost weight during the holidays and didn't suffer.

So, I wrote an article outlining why you have make a game plan now in order to be successful. You can read it here (copy and paste into your browser):

http://42fitness.com/seasons-eatings-a-game-plan-for-holiday-weight-loss/

Replies

• Saree1902
    Saree1902 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that! I don't have Thanksgiving to worry about (being a Brit) but Christmas kicks into gear earlier and earlier so I'm constantly surrounded by sweet temptations like mince pies and Christmas cake, which the supermarkets thoughtfully put on special offers from October onwards, so it's bargain sweet treats...nightmare!

My main rule at the moment is no 'Christmas' food AT ALL till December. After that, I'll be trying to stick to my calories and keeping up the exercise. I may give some of your modifications a go as well.