my polar hrm not working :(

Options
2»

Replies

• kittyr77
    kittyr77 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I have ft4. You need to rinse the electrodes well in plain water after every use and hang to dry. No soap or fabric conditioner. Also, my old strap only lasted two years. It was one where the electrodes are fabric and you had to dampen them before use. They eventually began to fray and stopped working. Bought new strap not transmitter, this one has rubbery electrodes not fabric and a fabric strap. You don't have to wet it before use. Works a treat. My batteries lasted over a year in both watch and transmitter.
    I think sweat build up can affect the connection, all that salt, so do rinse it well.
  • Eve1972
    Eve1972 Posts: 297
    Options
    I'm on my fourth one, they all stopped working at 3-6 months. They keep giving me new ones because they are under warranty. If I have said it once, I've said it a million times, there is some sort of defect with the straps...
  • KenSmith108
    KenSmith108 Posts: 1,966 Member
    Options
    When you store your strap away you are supposed to unsnap the controlller bit and store that and the strap separate. Otherwise the batter y drains quicker. Thats what happened to mine anyway (didn't read the instructions doh!)
    Me too.:laugh: I just unplug one side and spin it around. I don't have to look for it in my gym bag that way. (Lazy mode) I also bought the new Soft strap, way better than the original, I don't have to wet it to get it to work.
  • Swissmiss
    Swissmiss Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine that the batteries need replacing already, but, you might try replacing them and see if that helps. I stopped using my Polar F6 because it didn't seem to be recording correctly. I could do Zumba for an hour and my HRM would show maybe 150 calories burned. I don't think that is right.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I've been having the same problem with my FT-4 lately. It's a real PITA when you're in the middle of a workout, and then that dreaded message pops up. :grumble:
  • engurney
    Options
    Yea! I got my polar ft60 in August and last week it just started screwing up..cutting on and off. It is making me so sad/angry because of the price. I just keep working out and using it as mainly a timer and sometimes the heart rate will cut back on. It is not worth the money.