2 years ago today I hit goal weight, Still here!!! :)

Options
2»

Replies

• skassman345
    Options
    Great job!!
  • tegtmeyerd
    tegtmeyerd Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Great work, and a true inspiration! I feel for you with the injuries, especially the shoulder since I'm there too. Good luck now that you're back at the gym!
  • JeanneTops
    JeanneTops Posts: 2,619 Member
    Options
    Tami,

I'm sorry I missed your anniversary yesterday, life circumstances got in the way.

Super congratulations on your two year weight goal anniversary!! You've been my inspiration all along on MFP, from the days when I was just starting and you were struggling to lose the last few pounds. Your determination then was a major influence for building up my own.

I was so happy for you when you reached goal and I entreated you then to keep your faithful followers in mind as you journeyed through maintenance. You've been so generous in sharing your experiences with us.

You say and share what few do - that maintenance is much harder than losing weight. Over almost three years, I've read so many people who dream and hope about reaching their goal weight who are never heard from again once they reach it. I think it gives the false impression that being at goal is an end.

I think that you show very clearly that losing weight is just skill development for the hard work of not gaining weight back. Injuries as well as illness, job loss, divorce, and any of the other assorted experiences of life are going to happen to each of us. Without the skills of knowing how to eat right and move right and the sense of self that comes from them, one or more of the downs will send us back up the scale.

Probably most people do regain some weight during maintenance but suffer in shame and ignorance about it. And because they are suffering alone, they get no help in overcoming the setback and end up gaining all their weight back.

But you are open and honest about it. You've helped me so much as I move through my own experiences of injury and life changes. Thank you for that.

Jeanne
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Tami – love your story and your message! Way to go reaching your goal and ever better, working so hard to maintain it. Such an inspiration….glad that we are friends. :happy:

Mike, you inspire me daily! :)
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Tami,

I'm sorry I missed your anniversary yesterday, life circumstances got in the way.

Super congratulations on your two year weight goal anniversary!! You've been my inspiration all along on MFP, from the days when I was just starting and you were struggling to lose the last few pounds. Your determination then was a major influence for building up my own.

I was so happy for you when you reached goal and I entreated you then to keep your faithful followers in mind as you journeyed through maintenance. You've been so generous in sharing your experiences with us.

You say and share what few do - that maintenance is much harder than losing weight. Over almost three years, I've read so many people who dream and hope about reaching their goal weight who are never heard from again once they reach it. I think it gives the false impression that being at goal is an end.

I think that you show very clearly that losing weight is just skill development for the hard work of not gaining weight back. Injuries as well as illness, job loss, divorce, and any of the other assorted experiences of life are going to happen to each of us. Without the skills of knowing how to eat right and move right and the sense of self that comes from them, one or more of the downs will send us back up the scale.

Probably most people do regain some weight during maintenance but suffer in shame and ignorance about it. And because they are suffering alone, they get no help in overcoming the setback and end up gaining all their weight back.

But you are open and honest about it. You've helped me so much as I move through my own experiences of injury and life changes. Thank you for that.

Jeanne

Jeanne , you have been there for me just as much I have been for you! you reached out to me while I was struggling with those last few pounds and you were so positive they would come off, you made me feel like it would to! you have been awesome, and I thank you :)
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    Hi:

You certainly inspired me today. I just joined this program a week ago. I'm so motivated to help myself. I ache all the time from being overweight and arthritis and old injuries etc. The weight makes it all worse. I'm logging all my intake and I've decided to do an exercise program too so I don't get any hanging skin. I think it's best for me to do it the right way once and for all. I've been on the path to healthy living 3 times in this lifetime, this is time number 4 that I'm making a major shift with health. I do well for a few years and then I fall off. The longest I went maintaining a healthy weight was seven years.
    I met someone and started to put junk into my life and lo and behold that weight all came back again and then some. I swore I wouldn't do that again. Next time, I was fat when I found a man and then I decided to get healthy and I stopped everything when I was going through a tradgic time with losing my husband unexpectedly. I'm an emotional eater is what I come up with after this episode. I need to learn to handle my emotions a lot better than by eating comfort food to comfort me while I'm in grief over whatever. Anyhow, this time, I have decided that I have all the ammunition I need to get myself back on track and just reading your story about maintainance helped me to realize that this is normal that we go through stuff and sometimes we slide back a little. The key as you said is to just don't give up and stop, it's to continue in spite of it and watch the results. So, thank you again for sharing today. I appreciate it and this will be in my memory bank for when I don't feel good or think I can't go on. (((HUGS))):smile:

stay strong, and put YOU First. You have to do that. Get rid of the ones who are trying to take you down (you have to do that too!) and always remember "you are worth it!"
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    /
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    This is the sort of post I love to read! I'm very impressed by what you've achieved, especially as you have had difficulties along the way. I'm going to read your blog for inspiration.
  • Tamishumate
    Options
    This is the sort of post I love to read! I'm very impressed by what you've achieved, especially as you have had difficulties along the way. I'm going to read your blog for inspiration.

thank you ! :) it has been a tough year , I see the light at the end of the tunnel
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!