Not giving up

Options
I don't know how much of a success story this is, but it is a success for me. I have started many times in my life to lose weight, and I usually find a way to give up. I had a close call just this week. I weighed in on Monday and did not see any weight loss. I know, I know...it could have been water weight or muscle gain, but I still was way disappointed. I had stuck within my calorie count and exercised to keep myself there daily. I was sure I had gone down at least a little. I would have even been fine had it been only .2 lbs cause this has happened before, but there was just something about not losing a bit, not even in inches that made me freak. I spent the day being crabby and eating too many calories. I exercised, but not enough to put me back below my count. I did some other things that I would just call my own temper tantrum. I felt a little better the next day, but I was still cranky. I had to remind myself why I am doing this. Sure I would love to have a nice looking body, but even more I want to be able to sleep through the night again. I have sleep apnea and it wakes me all night causing extreme tiredness and problems focusing. So, I worked out with my wii fit trainer, took a walk with my dogs, and stayed in my calorie count. By Wednesday I felt back like myself that started this journey just 2 months ago. I just wanted to share, because I know we are all struggling. I have found that my reason for losing weight is important enough to keep me going when things get tough. I hope you all take a moment to think about your reason and whether it is important enough to keep you going. I hope it is, and I hope mine keeps me going even when I rid myself of sleep apnea. I know it will be gone before I lose all the weight I plan on losing. Have a great day!

Replies

• FoodPwnr
    FoodPwnr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    don't feel bad I do this too...but as soon as you change something up you start losing again...

good staying power you got this!!

We both know what we have to do and we will do this...you sound like me hehe
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Don't let this discourage you. Some weeks I've worked out hard, and lost no weight...others, I miss workouts and lose 3 lbs. Keep at it, and you will see changes.
  • xemilyx23
    Options
    I know how you feel. Last week I was at 161 for 4 days straight and I exercised like a crazy woman for 2 hrs each day, and kept my calorie at 1200 or less. I was discouraged just like you but I came to realized that this will be a lifetime commitment and even if it took me a year, I will be satisfied with any result. Don't give up and just keep moving forward. We have to believe in ourselves. Add me if u need a friend to work out with. :)
  • sparklelioness
    sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Good job hanging in there. I know exactly what you mean about just giving up, and ive been working hard to change my mindset about what to do when i dont see progress. Now i stick with it, if i have a bad day thats fine, its not the end of the world, i just get back on the horse the next day. It gets easier the more you practice this :)
  • committowalk
    committowalk Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! Congrats on sticking to your goals. Three weeks ago I gained 2 lbs and they stayed on me for TWO WEEKS even though I did everything right - but now this week I have had 4 lbs come off. Weight is funny like that.

I agree we have to think of the long-term big picture and remember what our real motivations are.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!