UK Girls in their 20's - around 170lbs

Options
Hey everyone.

I'm am fed up.

I am 24 - 25 in December, and 170 lbs. I'm between a size 12 and 14 - and desperately want to lose weight. I've been so lazy, and complain about not having time to exercise - and loving food too much to cut down.

I want to be the person who has 'treats' when I can, but not overdo it. Iwant to be the person who wants to exercise - even if it's just a 20 min DVD or a long walk. I'm extremely lucky to be completely able bodied - I want to use my body to my advantage, and lose some of this weight.

MY mum told me yesterday that I've recently put on weight - I'm not mad at her, I asked her to be honest and I'm glad she was.

I'm making a pact - a vow, that from today things will change. Learn to eat when I'm hungry, and get my self out there. If anyone wants to join me - please feel free to add. I just felt like If I type this and put it out there, I'd not only be cheating myself when I grab the chocolate bars and crisps when I get home from work, or when I can't be bothered to get myself moving - I'd be cheating all of you.

Replies

• foody44
    Options
    hi i am 22 and also a size 12-14. i am in completely the same boat, and really trying hard to make a change!

friend request sent... LETS DO THIS! :-D
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 24 and around 180lbs and a size 12-14....I'm from Ireland though :P Add me if you like x
  • 27mommamonkee
    27mommamonkee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im not in my 20's anymore but i know where you are coming from. I am back at 170 from being 145 this time last year after losing 40lb doing weight watchers.
    Feel free to add me but i wont be offended if you dont coz i am too old :)

Good luck everyone
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I'm 28 and 77kg (almost exactly 170lbs). I'd consider myself a 14-16 though, but that might just be because I don't believe I'm a 12 even when I sometimes wear one.
  • RoseThePenguin
    RoseThePenguin Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, size 14 currently.

(size 16 when I started)

I'm 21 in December and want to get into a 12 before then :)

We can do this! :D
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Added

I'm 23 and started at 183 pounds. My preliminary goal is 10 stone and I have 7lbs to go. Good luck to everyone! 10's here I come!
  • Jenky85
    Jenky85 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 27 and i'm currently 180 :( 14-16 dress size. So annoyed with myself as this time last year i was 2 stone lighter. Feel free to add me :)
  • felblossom
    felblossom Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I turn 26 this December, at ~172 lbs and 12-14 dress size. I'm from Sweden though, but feel free to add me as a friend!

It*s a great first step you've taken to get your mind set to do this and to join the site. The rest will come! :)
    I've been at this for a couple of months, and I have my ups and downs, but my weight keeps dropping! I hate sweating, but I walk a lot, I go swimming, and I do that 20 minute work-out, and have even learned to enjoy it and kind of look forward to doing it. It's a great feeling when you realise that you've gotten a lot stronger and more comfortable doing exercises. Even though I still sweat like a pig :D
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    How do you determine which dress size you are? I wear everything from a size 12 to a size 18 (depending on what it is and where it's from), but I'd say I'm a 14-16.

Do you go by the average sizes in your wardrobe or the smallest size you wear?
  • emma2309
    emma2309 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I buy basically ALL my clothes in Topshop which are generally a 12 but sometimes a 14 :)
  • AnexRavensong
    AnexRavensong Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    27 and 171lbs in France (not the UK), but I'm American.. They clothes sizes stop at US size 10.. I am generally 12-14.. anyway you can add me if you like :p
  • vk0510
    vk0510 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I'm 26 from London. I started weight loss at around 170's, currently 157lbs. My goal is to be 140's so using MFP to help on the rest of the journey. Feel free to add me :-)
  • sacha_1987
    sacha_1987 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Hello girls!!

Well done to all of you that have lost - you are so inspiring :love:

And to those of you who are currently in my position - Good luck on your journeys!!

We can so do this, loving all the motivation - it feels brilliant. :happy: