HELP!!

Options
I have been eating right and working out about 3-4 days a week. I started on 1/7 and I have yet to loose weight or inches but my clothes are fitting better??? I am at a complete loss of where to go next...Someone please help me!

Replies

• Jlinares
    Options
    What type of workouts are you doing?
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    We would need more information to figure out exactly what is going on (such as your workout routine and what you are eating.) But if your clothes are fitting better, than you are losing something. The scales may not have tipped due to water retention or any number of factors, but it will happen in time.

Just give it time. When I started, I saw absolutely no change for the first 2 - 3 weeks. Then all of a sudden the pounds were melting off.

When are you weighing yourself? First thing in the morning?
  • cranberrycat
    cranberrycat Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I think that sometimes when we measure, it is a subjective thing (especially around the waist, where things are more "soft"). If your clothes are fitting better, that is a definite sign that things are going well. Be patient with it, keep doing what you are doing, and eventually the inches will start to fall off.
  • drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    If you are seeing clothing fitting differently then it sounds as though your body is still in an adjustment stage to your changes of habit. I would stick in there and keep at it. Don't lose the excitement of reaching your goals sometimes Mother Nature plays tricks with us so smile and know you will get there.
  • LCreutz
    LCreutz Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Eating: B: oatmeal and a fruit am snack: yogurt L: salad with tuna pm snack:cottage cheese with veggies D: what ever I am having that night..I am always staying between 1200-1270 for the day.

Exercise is the 30 day shred 3-4 times a week and yoga every day. Sometime if I wasn't the best during the day I will do step aerobics for 30 min to help.

Also I weight myself first thing on Friday morning.

Is there something that I am doing wrong or is my body just loving the fat to much to get rid of it?
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    In some ways you are not really that far along yet, so I would not overreact to the perceived lack of progress (although I am fully aware of how important early progress is to help reinforce the lifestyle changes, so I am not trying to minimize your concern either).

I always recommend that you go back and double-check what you are doing. You say you are staying between 1200-1270 Calories/day. My first question would be: are you weighing and measuring every thing before you eat it? I don't mean "eyeball" measuring, I mean scale, measuring cups, measuring spoons, etc. You might have to be a little regimented at first, just to make sure.

Next is calories out. IMO, 30 Day Shred is not a very effective workout. Some of the moves are hard for a beginner, so you don't really exert yourself (you become fatigued, but that's not the same as "exertion"--not in terms of calorie burning). Chances are you are only burning 150-200 Calories, which is not enough. Yoga has a number of benefits but, again, calorie-burning is not among them.

I don't know what resources you have--e.g. gym membership, exercise equipment, etc--but you need to get into a workout routine where you are burning 2500-3000 calories per week in aerobic type exercise and doing a couple of strength workouts as well. If you are doing that, you can add in some (not all) exercise calories.

Hope this helps.