TOOO MANY CALORIES

DangerRanger
DangerRanger Posts: 327 Member
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
Ok, yesterday was my cheat day. I had about 3,500 calories in one meal (Dinner at 6pm). I kind of prepared myself for dinner by working out and burning 600calories and only eating a light lunch (250 calories).
I don't feel bad because I haven't had a cheat meal in 15 days. I was wondering what are some good tips to recover from a cheat day? What meals should I eat? Do I go back to eating 1400 calories or should I eat 1200 today?

Replies

• watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Just go right back to your normal calorie count. At least that is what I do.....I fact I had that kind of day yesterday...maybe not that many calories, but WAAAAYYYY over. HAHA.
  • bonnykate
    bonnykate Posts: 123
    Just go back to eating your regular 1400 - 1200 is really too low to give your body enough fuel to keep going if you're doing anything besides laying in bed all day. You don't want to spend today feeling like you're starving, just because you ate a lot yesterday. The point is to generally restrict your calorie intake on a day-to-day, not compensate for a "bad" day by eating too little the next. You'll be fine, just work out like usual and "be good" about what you eat for another fifteen days, or however long.

I know you aren't worried about yesterday, and I don't think you should be, but 3500 calories is still a LOT. Maybe for your next "cheat day," you could try to take smaller portions? It might make readjusting to your regular diet the next day easier, and it certainly wouldn't hurt as far as weight loss goes. I know when I eat that much, I've literally been binging, which sets me on a really bad pattern. Personally, it's better for me to try to leave those binges in the past and always keep an eye on eating more reasonable portions, even when I'm not counting calories (I have a "cheat meal" where I don't count calories every Sunday night with my family), just so I stick to my healthy eating habits. Just a thought -- but of course you know yourself best, and whatever works for you is what you should do!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    What did you eat for 3,500 calories in one meal ?
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    I was wondering what are some good tips to recover from a cheat day?

Drink lots of water to flush your system out. Drink at the very least 8 glasses, but more if possible :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.