How long until your device "knows" you?

Options
Fitbit took approximately 4-weeks to have me figured out I assume (based on when the numbers went down quite a bit).
I have been using a BMF for just under a week now. Should I give it 4-weeks before I use those numbers as TDEE or are you folks finding it is less, say 2-weeks? Right now it is running significantly higher than my FB but I think it must be that it is getting to know my activity level?

2 weeks?
1 week?
More?

Replies

• monicalosesweight
    monicalosesweight Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I've never thought of it knowing me. The system I know uses the data from all sources and does start to adjust (MFP) to help you lose weight. I've noticed my calories dropping and I suspect it has something to do with my not always carrying through on my exercise. I'm trying to hike on weekends to make up for my lower numbers.

FYI - I don't worry about the negative numbers. I just look at what the fitbit reads during the day about calories burned and I'm used to knowing about how many calories are added by the end of the day so I sorta know in my head what I can eat by the time I get home.
  • rachmass1
    rachmass1 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Well so far the difference in calorie expendature is enormous which is why I believe it takes time to "learn" what you do each day. I do expect there will be a difference in the end, but my guess is it will narrow to a couple hundred calorie difference, not 500 or more.