4 Must-Know Restaurants Secrets!

Options

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Thank you for the posting it was very enjoyable reading - I like how it put things in financial perspective.
  • moonflower
    moonflower Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I appreciated your post. It's so easy to fall into that "Oh, I'll just order the bigger size because it's cheaper" trap. It's an eye-opener to see that you're not really saving all that much, but instead getting far more calories than you planned on. Sticking with the smaller size gives you the taste you're craving, but saves on the extra calories. Great tip, thanks!
    :smile:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    I agree with most of this, except for thispart:

"Secret #2: Remember, the waiter is a salesperson
    A 2005 study published in the Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services found that you’re more likely to order a side dish when the server verbally prompts you. (“Do you want fries with that?”) Restaurants know this, and now you know it, too. When the waiter makes a suggestion, remember his job is not to make you happy. His job is to extract money from your wallet and insert fat in its place."

I am guessing that by content of the article they mean the cashier at a fast food place...but they say 'waiter'..."the waiter's job is not to make you happy"...Any waiter (in a real restaurant, not in a fast food joint) absolutely wants to make you happy, that's how you make a living! (I've been waiting tables for 16 years.) If my guests aren't happy, then I don't make money. Yes, I am going to try to sell you an appetizer or dessert, I'm not stupid...I'm trying to make money. I don't care if you don't take my suggestions...I just want people to be happy and satisfied. Happy + satisfied + money in my pocket = win/win situation.

Okay, just had to get that off my chest...that really rubbed me the wrong way.:laugh: