Am I the only one!!!!

Options
I was just wondering if I was the only person that is in their 20's here..I have talked to people about how be cause I am so young I really don't need to lose weight that I just need to accept my "self image"I was just wondering if there was any one else around my age wanting to not only lose the weight but just get healthy!!!!!!

Replies

• Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering if I was the only person that is in their 20's here..I have talked to people about how be cause I am so young I really don't need to lose weight that I just need to accept my "self image"I was just wondering if there was any one else around my age wanting to not only lose the weight but just get healthy!!!!!!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Hello there! I am 28 and just joined this forum and saw your post. I am not really looking to loose a significant amount of weight (about 20lbs) but my biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise. I'm a teacher and I find it so hard to get up in the morning and exercise before school and after a full day with the kids, I am not motivated after school either! If anyone could give some tips, I would truly appreciate it!

Chris
  • Sing1outloud
    Sing1outloud Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hi chris....

I kind of know what you are talking about with finding the motivation.... I work in a hospital setting so I work almost every shift and time under the sun!!!!So I value my sleep and down time to... I have found though that if you bring a friend ... to do exercise activities that the time goes by faster and you aren't think of it as nessecarily working out .... also try exercising on days off ... anytime on your day off.... So then you have your relax time and your 30 min. or what ever of focus time!!! i hope that it helps a little!
  • brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 22 years old and I want to lose a few pounds but really I do just want to be healthy. I'm more focusing on toning my body and don't so much care about the number. I'm very muscular as it is so it is very unrealistic for me to want to be one of those girls who are striving to be 105 lbs. It's not my body type and I'm okay with that. I feel your bit of frustration but we can support each other. It never hurts to get a pick me up for a little motivation.:tongue:
  • brfortu
    brfortu Posts: 27
    Options
    Hello there! I am 28 and just joined this forum and saw your post. I am not really looking to loose a significant amount of weight (about 20lbs) but my biggest problem is getting motivated to exercise. I'm a teacher and I find it so hard to get up in the morning and exercise before school and after a full day with the kids, I am not motivated after school either! If anyone could give some tips, I would truly appreciate it!

Chris

I was just curious to find out how far you live from the school where you teach at. I work part-time along with going to school part-time and it does get difficult at times to get up and exercise when all you want to do is relax from a long strenuous day. I started riding my bike to work and school. I do only live 1 mile away from school and work is about 4 miles away... just a suggestion. It's an enjoyable way to burn a few extra calories especially if you have your iPod in your ears.:smile:
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    Unfortunately, I live about 30 minutes...or 15 miles from the school I teach at, so I don't think I could bike there! haha.. I just have to figure out something to get my butt in gear. Every night I think, "okay, I'll get up early tomorrow and do some yoga." Then morning comes and I hit the snooze a few times, then get up and watch the news for a bit. By then, I have to get in the shower and get ready. It's been going this way since the beginning of the year! Ahhh!!
  • eyescatchfire
    eyescatchfire Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I'm 25. I have quite a bit of weight left to lose (50+) but my health is just as important to me! MFP is a great resource. Best of luck!
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    hey guys...I'm not that young in age anymore,39...but its all a state of mind right...RIGHT?! lol

anyway I wanted to just say...that its how you feel about yourself...being healthy and fit is important at any age!

Learning to be healthy and good habits like you'll learn here are so important...take it from your elder aka me! lmbo I was very fit before I had my child...I would run and cardio box everyday and man a little size 2 or 4 ...and then when I got pregnant and had my baby I sort of stopped it all...being 31 at the time...I packed on some pounds while he was young because I felt like well I'm a mom now he comes first....it would be selfish to do it for myself.....and basically that was all crap!

And that is just like people telling you that you are young and you don't need to do things you want for yourself...of cousre w/ that being said....as long as you don't have a bad body image I mean...you look great but if you feel like you want to be healthier and more fit...go for it! AND please listen to me....don't let anyone tell you or make you feel you should not take care of yourself...ever...you only have one body...make the best of it! (again you all look great and I wish you the best of luck!!!)

oh and Chris maybe you can try walking or joggin during your lunch break....then eat a quick sandwhich and yogurt after...like if you get 1/2 hr break, take a nice power walk then have some time to refuel! just a thought!

okay hugs!
    Ali
  • fitladyfawkes
    fitladyfawkes Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hey i am actually 19! So i usually feel really young...I have about 45 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight but being healthy is my number one goal. I dont want to be obese when i get older and have kids.
  • nicole0177
    nicole0177 Posts: 377
    Options
    Im 20!
  • wriglucy
    wriglucy Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm in my 20's...26 to be exact. I don't have that much to lose either, about 20 lbs...and I'm a teacher too, and TOTALLY know what you mean about being with kids all day, and just wanting time ALONE without them. I've been challenging my friends to lose with me (I strive off competition), but found out...that after a long day at school, I can put on my ipod, and pound out my stress on the treadmill. It's kinda relaxing and stress relieving. If I don't want to do it...I tell myself, I'll just go slow for about 10 mins, it's better than nothing. Then..you get started, and bam! 20 mins later at 4 mph...I'm done and ready to do a workout video! Works good...I highly recommend trying it:)
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I am 26. I have around 35 lbs left to lose. I am doing it for my health, and also motivated by my job. I am in the military so our health and fitness is really important in case we have to deploy. It is kinda annoying at times, but I am actually glad they make such a big deal about it because then I don't really have the option of losing my motivation!! :laugh:
  • FUZZBUZZ4
    FUZZBUZZ4 Posts: 334
    Options
    I am 18! just joined to feel more comfortable in my own skin.... i love this site it is addictive tho!
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    AH! I'm 20! I am trying to lose about 30-45 pounds... mostly weight I put on IN COLLEGE. gah junk food and laziness. anyways, it is totally cool to try to get in shape now because the older you get the harder it is for the pounds to come off (scientific research says this, not me, I am a youngun') ...

anyways, keep in there guys, we can DO THIS!

ps. i am an education major right now, and a lot of you seem to be teachers. any advice on someone just starting out?
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    25 and I have 40 pounds to go!