well that was just uncalled for...

Options

Replies

• JenniBaby85
    JenniBaby85 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    LOL @ you trying to be logical with an upset woman.

^ Yup! My husband gave up trying to be logical with me when I'm upset. He just hugs me, tells me I'm hot, smacks my rear, and it's all better :tongue: ...... Most of the time it's all better :tongue:
  • Dub_D
    Dub_D Posts: 1,760 Member
    Options
    2 posts and no "break up wth her"

You people are slacking today...

You only get those if the situation was reversed. If a woman if doing that to you, its A-OK on MFP. GIRL POWER!

YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!
  • annahuebscher
    Options
    Tell her that still more than your girlfriend lost. :wink:

^ This one made me laugh pretty hard.
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    lol silly men! When your girl is upset just play with her hair and tell her she's pretty!

Totally this ^^^^^^^
  • Skyfire23
    Options
    She wanted you to validate her feelings, no matter how irrational they seem. Feelings are irrational. Your response made her feel like you don't care how she feels.

I'm not saying she's not overreacting; (she is, big time). I'm also not saying it's your fault she feels this way (it's not!), or that you could have predicted what her response would be.

Something like, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize how upset you were. Do you want to talk?" and then if she does, just listen and nod, try to restate what you think she's feeling rather than solve her problem. Things like, "That sounds frustrating." or "I can see why that makes you upset." Then, once she calms down, hit her with some gentle reason. "You've been working very hard," "The scale doesn't always tell the whole story." And then some validating stuff, "I'm sorry you're not happy with your weight loss, but I think you're beautiful."

And next time, "I'm sorry you didn't lose as much as you wanted to, but I think you're beautiful." will go a long way.
  • Rangarth
    Rangarth Posts: 121
    Options
    no break up comment....she is your wife not a fling or beginning girlfriend.

Let her release and make sure she knows you are there.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    I would like to say...ooohhh sparkles...(I so hate ADD)

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted.

....I want some ice cream
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    That is the EXACT moment you should've asked if you were going to get laid tonight.
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I would like to say...ooohhh sparkles...(I so hate ADD)

If I had a dollar for every time I got distracted.

....I want some ice cream

Ice Cream with sparkles?
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Awwww, she was disappointed with herself. Don't say anything. Just hold her while she cries, tell her you love her, tell her she's beautiful.
    That can (and does, sometimes) backfire.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    "Wow, really? Just one pound??? I'm surprised, because you look like you've lost a lot more than that."
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    "Wow, really? Just one pound??? I'm surprised, because you look like you've lost a lot more than that."

that would have gotten me shot...
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    How long has she been in the program? I seriously had to avoid the scale for a while during the start of my weight-loss because even a 0.2 gain would make me a psycho hose-beast. My husband learned to recognize 'the face' and just give me a hug instead.

No words. Just hands. ;)
  • n0ob
    Options
    EOT...good night, go home people...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    She wanted you to validate her feelings, no matter how irrational they seem. Feelings are irrational. Your response made her feel like you don't care how she feels.

I'm not saying she's not overreacting; (she is, big time). I'm also not saying it's your fault she feels this way (it's not!), or that you could have predicted what her response would be.

Something like, "I'm sorry, I didn't realize how upset you were. Do you want to talk?" and then if she does, just listen and nod, try to restate what you think she's feeling rather than solve her problem. Things like, "That sounds frustrating." or "I can see why that makes you upset." Then, once she calms down, hit her with some gentle reason. "You've been working very hard," "The scale doesn't always tell the whole story." And then some validating stuff, "I'm sorry you're not happy with your weight loss, but I think you're beautiful."

And next time, "I'm sorry you didn't lose as much as you wanted to, but I think you're beautiful." will go a long way.

^^^ This
  • n0ob
    Options

^^^ This

I listen to a lot of **** I don't want to without asking "do you want to talk"... just saying.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Really? Why?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options

romantic.jpg
  • n0ob
    Options

Really? Why?

out of character for me. I tell her she looks great all the time, but that just wouldn't be something I'd reply to her with at that time. Hard to explain really, as I just play an a-hole on the internet and am quite sensitive to her IRL.