I did it. NSV

Options
When I was in middle school and high school, I would get Fs in phys ed because I couldn't run a mile. They had this ridiculous grading system for our "mile tests" that went like this:

6 min = A
8 min = B
10 min = C
12 min = D
13+ = F

I was never taught that if you practice running you'll get better. That it's OK to start out slow. All I learned was that the tall, lanky kids would always get an A, and I would always be failing.

Well, now that I'm older and know better, I've been practicing for a couple of years now, and next weekend I'm signed up to run my first 5k. I've been practicing, and I just want to be able to run MOST of the 5k. And just have FUN!

Well, this morning.... I ran an entire mile without stopping.

I can't tell you how good that feels. Of course, I'm not that fast yet, and I'd still be failing that test, but I ran the entire thing without stopping. WOOOOOO!!!!!! :)

So, don't let anyone tell you you're failing if you're working hard, improving, and meeting your own goals.

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!