treadmill

Options
Hi i go on the treadmill for a hour a day doin power walking i was wondering if this is good exercise and what do i put this under on my exercise bit i do half hour in the morning and another half hour in the evening i will eventuall up this to a hour if i can x

Replies

• krl523
    krl523 Posts: 53
    Options
    Yes power walking is a great exercise. I do the same thing! I just started doing intervals of running and walking. You should select walking from the exercise section. Then you can select the speed and time.
  • aleefula
    Options
    put it under treadmill, as it also says steps etc. it is a good exercise thats how i started!! try alternating it with a bit of jogging maybe even 30 secs at the beggining to get that heart rate going and then do it 35 secs etc youll notice your resistance going up :bigsmile:
  • ep74426
    Options
    Any type of exercise is better than none. Go to the exercise database and look up walking. There are tons of different paces... brisk, moderate, they even list the mph for you. Sometimes all I get for exercise a day is walking to and from my college campus but I always enter it into my diary. Hope this helps!!
  • csd2583
    Options
    I do the same thing.....speed walking. My orthopaedic Dr told me to stop running because our joints aren't meant to take the stress of running if you carry extra weight. He told me speed walking is great.....you get all the benefits of running without the stress on your knee joints. He also recommended ellipitical machine which I also have at home. It's been doing wonders for me. The exercise database has different walking paces.....I use the Walking-brisk pace, 3.5 mph one. although I modify the calories burned and down it to 300 since that's what my treadmill says I've burned (not the 331 or so that it lists). I've only been doing this for 2 weeks and I've lost 3 pounds already. I speed walk on my treadmill for 1 hour 4 times a week and rest on the days in between (although if Ive been a bad girl on calories:wink: ...I'll jump on the treadmill and gain them back by doing an extra half hour or so......Speaking of which....I gotta go walk! Good luck!496385.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter