Feeling the difference already!

Options
Hi everyone, thought I'd introduce myself on here, so please feel free to add me or whatever!

20 year old from Glasgow in Scotland, aiming to lose around 20 lbs by summer! As much as weight does matter, I find the ability to fit into clothes 1 or 2 sizes smaller far more rewarding - does anyone else think the same? I found myself hating having to shop for clothes when I was a size 16 but now, as I near the 12 size, a good shop sounds oh so much more appealing! :)

In addition, what really kick started my need to lose weight was getting the lead part in my University musical theatre society show and thought I would feel far better about myself in a size 12 dress than a 16 prancing around on stage for all to see!

I have been using MFP for the last week or so, and have already lost 3 lbs whilst on this, as well as exercising 6 days a week at my local gym. Weighing 171 lbs in October, I have almost lost a stone and hope to knock off another with the help of this fabulous site.

Looking forward to hearing from you all!

Kirsty x

Replies

• rosibuchanan
    Options
    Good job, girlie! Congrats on your role in the musical! Blessings to you on your weight loss journey. I started at 185 and trying to get to a 130 eventually! I know what you mean about sizes. I'm still in a size 16 ..I'm pretty short. Perhaps if I were taller I could wear a 12 now! I'm at 174 today and I can really tell a difference already in how my clothes fit.
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You will definitely get it done :) and good luck on that stage!