What are your indulgences?

Options
Since having revamped my diet, my wife and I rarely venture out for a dinner unless it's a special occasion or just something that we can't prepare ourselves. I'm sitting here, counting down the clock on a Friday because tonight is one of our indulgences: Sushi. We're heading out for sushi.

I'm so excited about sashimi that I can barely sit still.

So, I guess I'm curious if anyone else has a one-off indulgence that you really enjoy? Something that you can't prepare at home (for less calories, less expensive, etc). We still count and log our food. If it's a roll of some sort, I'll go through and count ingredients, etc.

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I indulge in just about anything I enjoy from time to time, but by far the most common indulgence is wine.
  • dorianaldyn
    dorianaldyn Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Well, I count my occassional glass of chocolate milk as an indulgence, but I do that at home. I usually never buy the type in the store because it uses creamier milk than I use.

My husband and I are going out to dinner at a favorite restaurant of mine on Sunday - that also happens to be the day of the week that I do my longest distance run so I have more room to spare calorie-wise - but it will definitely be above and beyond what I normally allow most days :-).
  • maria_elaina
    maria_elaina Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Anything from Mr. Pretzel!
    Domino's Pizza
    Biscuits dipped in tea!

I know the feeling about counting down the days! Having a cinnamon pretzel on Tuesday and getting a full on Dominoes on the 10th of December to celebrate my university assignments being handed in. CANNOT wait!