Chalean Extreme

Options
2»

Replies

• NotReadyForMomJeans
    Options
    Thank you!!

It's really encouraging that I've not heard one bad thing about the program.

I start today :)

How are you liking it? I start Monday!
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So overall which do people prefer more. CLX or TF? I know i want to order one I just am not sure. I wish I could buy both but can't.
  • emtjmac
    emtjmac Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Do cardio.
  • FitForLife81
    FitForLife81 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I am in the last phase right now. Have 1-2 weeks left =) LOVE LOVE the program..........and muscle burns fat so not sure what that be careful post was all about!!! I wish I would have realized weights were where its at a loonnnnggg time ago. I burned myself out with cardio but now doing weights I am in the best shape and can eat tons more food than before!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    So overall which do people prefer more. CLX or TF? I know i want to order one I just am not sure. I wish I could buy both but can't.

You will probably see greater results from CLX as it incorporates weight training, which is better than HIIT or cardio for fat loss.
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options

Can't compare them, but I would most def go with CLX!! I'm on the PUSH PHASE with a group of gald and we love it!!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options

They're very different programs that are going to appeal to different types of people. Turbofire is basically all cardio with no resistance training while CLX is weightlifting with 2 days of moderately high intensity of cardio. That being said, CLX is less injury prone due to the nature of weight training not being high impact. Also, because you're more likely to build muscle doing CLX, people who go through the program typically don't see significant changes in the scale over the course of the 90 days, but their measurements and the way they look show drastic changes.

Personally if you're dead set on ordering one of these two programs I would say do CLX instead because the TYPE of fitness gains you see from doing a strength-based program are more likely to benefit you in day-to-day life, and be sure you have dumbbells that are pretty heavy. The program requires lifting to failure in 12 reps in phase 1 and 6-8 reps in phase 2.
  • cebaugh89
    Options
    I just ordered this program and am very excited to try it!!
  • Alioops831
    Alioops831 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I did one round of CLX a few years ago. Then I did my second round at the end of 2012 and now I'm doing another one. Love it, love it, love it. I'm thinking about getting Turbo Fire to do the hybrid.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Be careful. Muscle weighs more than fat, and you could end up getting in to some serious issues if you push it too hard.
    That's terrible advice. First of all it's utterly illogical. You're saying 1 lb of muscle weights more than 1 lb of fat? So.. 1 lb weighs more than 1 lb? The same mass of muscle will weigh more than fat, but 1 lb of muscle is more compact than 1 lb of fat, so while the scale might go up you'll be healthier and have smaller dimensions if you trade fat for muscle.

Be careful when you start lifting heavy, so you don't injure yourself with bad form or going too heavy too soon, but for god's sake don't be afraid to lift because you think you'll bulk up. Just don't put steroids on your cereal and you won't. I promise.
  • beachgod
    beachgod Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Holy_Necrobump_Batman.jpg
  • LadyDi80
    LadyDi80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I saw this and thought it was brilliant.

What weighs more? A pound of feathers or a pound of bricks? A pound is a pound. The bricks, however, take up less space then the feathers. A pound of muscle takes up less space then a pound of fat.
  • velloxal
    velloxal Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I am curious to try :bigsmile: