Is coffee bad for you?

Options

Replies

• MrsScheidt
    MrsScheidt Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Everything in moderation right? If drinking a cup of coffee means I'm not going to devour something else in the kitchen, it's all good.

This!
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    It is said there are a lot of things that are 'bad' for us, and unless you have a medical issue I suppose its a case of everything in moderation
  • dukes418
    dukes418 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    of course not!!!
  • bowmab21
    bowmab21 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Oh brother. Here we go.

I've been drinking coffee for better than 30 years. And, I drink A LOT. If it was bad for me, I should know.

All the research in all the studies all over the world is inconclusive. Therefore, all you will get are peoples opinions on what they think which is based on a pop culture magazine they read somewhere, or in a news clip on TV. But, there is no conclusive evidence either way.

So,. drink it. Don't drink it. Doesn't matter.

That's why I asked for options from real people, not studies.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    No, coffee is not bad for you.
  • jwalworth
    jwalworth Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Sure it is. It has all kinds of crazy side effects and can be wearing on your heart.

This is just plain false.

Nope. YOUR comment is just plain false:
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20020801/is-caffeine-bad-for-your-heart

Nope here is the same website with a different take: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

The answer is that there is no scientific evidence that coffee is bad (or beneficial). It is solely a preference.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Sure it is. It has all kinds of crazy side effects and can be wearing on your heart.

This is just plain false.

Nope. YOUR comment is just plain false:
    http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20020801/is-caffeine-bad-for-your-heart

Nope here is the same website with a different take: http://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/coffee-new-health-food

The answer is that there is no scientific evidence that coffee is bad (or beneficial). It is solely a preference.

Bottom line; if it raises YOUR blood pressure it IS bad for you. Although it may not raise everyone's blood pressure.

Therefore, yeah, coffee CAN be bad for you. Depends.

PS: Caffeine and coffee shouldn't be used interchangeably. There is such a thing as decaf... That's a note more for myself then anyone else.
  • likeA_boss
    likeA_boss Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    It's only dangerous to those around me if I haven't had my 2-3 cups.

:laugh: :laugh:

guilty as well of this
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    It's only dangerous to those around me if I haven't had my 2-3 cups.

So very true........... Unless they want to lose their head from me biting it off, step away until I have had my coffee!
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Not to me!! I've been drinking it for 30+ years with out a problem.!:drinker:
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    nope. and i use it to help combat ADD
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Oh brother. Here we go.

I've been drinking coffee for better than 30 years. And, I drink A LOT. If it was bad for me, I should know.

All the research in all the studies all over the world is inconclusive. Therefore, all you will get are peoples opinions on what they think which is based on a pop culture magazine they read somewhere, or in a news clip on TV. But, there is no conclusive evidence either way.

I'm intolerant to caffeine. That's pretty conclusive. For me. It's bad. Period.

But, that's different right. The coffee isn't bad, generally for people, only for you.

People with a peanut allergy, yes, a peanut is bad for them. But, for 99.9% of everyone else, the peanut is awesome and has good fats.

Let's keep this in the proper perspective. We're not talking about YOU. Were talking about if coffee is generally bad for humans to consume.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Oh brother. Here we go.

I'm intolerant to caffeine. That's pretty conclusive. For me. It's bad. Period.

But, that's different right. The coffee isn't bad, generally for people, only for you.

People with a peanut allergy, yes, a peanut is bad for them. But, for 99.9% of everyone else, the peanut is awesome and has good fats.

Let's keep this in the proper perspective. We're not talking about YOU. Were talking about if coffee is generally bad for humans to consume.

Please see above.

If it raises an individuals blood pressure it's bad.
    If it doesn't, it isn't.

So that's my general opinion of it.
  • kenazfehu
    kenazfehu Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Not for me, but I don't drink a lot of it - only one mug per day (about 10-12 ounces) plus once in awhile if someone offers it socially I'll have one.
  • frankrause
    frankrause Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    from what i have heard coffee is not that bad for you. as usual don't add sweetener to it. don't have it late @ night!
  • PurpleTina
    PurpleTina Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Coffee is particularly good for me, since it keeps me in a job:bigsmile: . DH and I run a coffee roastery, so it pays our bills.

As most of the others said, 'all things in moderation'.
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    no. it's good for you.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    unless you have some underlying cardiac issues, then coffee is ok. Yes, it is a stimulant, which will raise your blood pressure, and heart rate but so will stress, increased physical activity, and other stimulants. So there is no right answer to this question... it's different with each person.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    No
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    If yout type `insert your own thing here` into google, it will be bad for you :laugh:

Just don`t have to much of `insert your own thing here` and you will be fine :bigsmile: