Kohls new Narciso Rodriguez commercial?

Options
n2thenight24
n2thenight24 Posts: 1,651 Member
Has anyone seen this? Does it make you feel as angry as it makes me feel? I thought we were no longer going for the anorexic, corpse look here on planet earth?? Not to mention, the clothes are hideous.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=gbxCupz-X3c

Replies

• n2thenight24
    Options
    Couldn't get it to embed, sorry, you'll have to copy/paste.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I think the women themselves look fine.

What I dislike about this type of commercial is that Kohl's is not a high fashion store. The majority of women who shop there are not a size 0. Showing the clothes on models who are a size 0 gives a very gross misinterpretation to the consumer.

I had similar complaint with the Jennifer Lopez line. Looked great on the mannequins, but even though I finally managed to fit into a small...I realized my height wasn't right for the garments and therefore I still didn't fit the mold!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I think the models shapes are okay for models. The clothes are hideous and the faces are gross, but I think that's an attempt at "high fashion".
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    The commercial itself is very 'European fashion' -esque with the thick eyebrows, etc ... I don't think this is really going to appeal to Kohl's customer base.

The tall, pale and frail look in this particular video - as well as the directing - makes it a little creepy in my opinion. I don't support body-bashing whether it be for larger or smaller folks in any way, but this video is off-putting to me, personally...
  • n2thenight24
    Options
    I think their shapes do not exist. I honestly think they look terrible!! Nothing high fashion about it :noway:
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Those women don't look anorexic or corpse-like. They're thin, yes, but they don't look unhealthy.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    However, I will add they don't make me likely to buy those clothes because I will NOT look good in them.