Replies

• onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    depends on how many you ate :p
  • ashumeow
    ashumeow Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol... Two weeks back, i ate around 2 plates of french fries with chilly sauce... After eating that much, i was having fun chat time with my friends walking in the beach like around 1 hour...
    I used to eat like hell but i do intense cardio at the same time, that's how i keep myself balanced. =)
  • onyxgirl17
    onyxgirl17 Posts: 1,721 Member
    Options
    1 fry = .025 pound weight gain; "some fries" = about 24 fries, and i'm guessing it took about 15 minutes to eat them at a speed of about 1.6 fries a minute and burned 87.5 calories per 1 fry from chewing, swallowing and digestion; 3500 calories equals 1 pound so (24 X .025) - ((87.5 * 24)/3500) = 0 pounds gained.

I hope this helps! :tongue:

87.5 calories for 1 fry?? I think more like 8.75!
  • meghan6867
    meghan6867 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    400 lbs in the next 2 hrs.

This. :laugh:
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Every pound you've ever lost. You may as well quit MFP now... *sigh*

Ok, I'll just leave quietly....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Every pound you've ever lost. You may as well quit MFP now... *sigh*

Ok, I'll just leave quietly....

Don't leave. We need your posts :)
  • NormalSaneFLGuy
    NormalSaneFLGuy Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    How much weight do you think I'll gain from this?

What kind of weight are you curious about? Fat weight or muscle weight? I ask because muscle weighs more than fat. Potatoes also cause fat to grow. So You could gain fat, but not realize how much you gained because of the lower weight.
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you can walk backwards for the rest of the day to attempt to undo the damage! Did you also calculate the calories burned to walk up, get the fries, and consume them??
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    However much the fries weighed...until you **** out what your body didn't need.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options

What kind of weight are you curious about? Fat weight or muscle weight? I ask because muscle weighs more than fat. Potatoes also cause fat to grow. So You could gain fat, but not realize how much you gained because of the lower weight.

Uh, I was hoping to lose fat. Do you know of any foods that I can eat that burn fat directly off my body?
  • KatKisses
    KatKisses Posts: 296 Member
    Options

Uh, I was hoping to lose fat. Do you know of any foods that I can eat that burn fat directly off my body?

I would like to know how to spot reduce to get a thigh gap?
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options

potatoes dont cause fat to grow... the ways you cook them and what you put on them may cause fat if you eat them in excess...
  • Errrica91
    Errrica91 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Forget it sweetie and don't beat your self down. Honestly, if you're on a healthy diet most of the time fries once in a while won't ruin your body completely or make you gain tons of weight so chill out and don't stress your self out cause the STRESS makes you gain weight too:P:D
  • WestCoastPhoenix
    WestCoastPhoenix Posts: 802 Member
    Options

I would like to know how to spot reduce to get a thigh gap?

Spread your legs. :flowerforyou:
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Not sure. I bet it will be a lot. You should give up now and start over with a New Year's resolution. Good luck!

^^this
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options

Can't gain strict muscle mass on a calorie deficit (exempting genetic freaks) and are actually more likely to see small muscle mass *losses* than gains. Thus the importance of strength training and not exceeding more than a 10-15% caloric deficit from TDEE (incorporating Lean Body Mass).

I'll update this post when I get home from work with an excel spreadsheet that helps you determine your caloric needs.
  • maro_p
    maro_p Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I do not know how much you will gain exactly, but I know that I lost a couple of pounds from laughing with all the responses here. Girl you made my Friday!
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    If you will not eat for the rest of the day I will have to hold off eating till next year I just ate **gasp** Chinese food!!!
  • anjoneill
    anjoneill Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Put it behind you and move on. Unlikely you have done any major damage.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    this is a joke right
    Nope. Super serial.