Writing the Notes Everyday is really helping me!

Options
I'm not sure how many other people actually make notes at the bottom of the food logging page in that box, but everyday I make notes and even though I probably won't go back to read them, I think it is helping!

I write, "I should've drank water instead of lemonade at lunch" or "It was nice to have that ice cream as a treat, but maybe next time I should skip the chocolate sauce" or "I worked out today and I feel great! And I did a good job drinking lots of water during my workout!".

It is helping to keep me going. Just saying those things to myself makes me think of little things I can do to improve my health, diet, and workout efficiency. And I think praising ourselves for the good, healthy things we do is good for our self esteem. We shouldn't only say the critical comments like "I should have worked out longer or harder today" or "I need to stop eating that food!"

Just something to think about for anyone who hasn't tried making notes yet. Anyone else have anything to say about writing notes each day?

Replies

• stringsNlinks
    stringsNlinks Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    I have not used yet but I am going to try now because of you. Thanks! I agree with you about the affirmation of good habit building. I just had a thought too that would probably be a great tool for emotional eaters to learn to recognize triggers.

Thanks again. I will let you know how it's going.
  • iambrandice
    iambrandice Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Yeah, for emotional eating, that would be a great helper! If someone writes how they are feeling lately, it might help to realize that they ate so much today because of lack of sleep, or stress, or just a day of feeling down in the dumps.
  • ccdo
    ccdo Posts: 217
    Options
    it helps me a great deal and everythin out of my system and also helps me set mini goals for the next day and i find it makes it easier to remember next day hehehe :flowerforyou:
  • teri00
    teri00 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Yes it helps alot. I always plan for the next day, I plan my meals and workouts. I find I stick to it if I write it down.