Hello! Trying to Beat the Holiday 15!

Options
Hello! I have been yo-yo dieting for a couple of years and am trying to establish a healthy lifestyle and relationship with food. I've been using MyFitnessPal for a while now but would love to make some friends on here to help me stay accountable.

I have just recently begun a seasonal job at..... a holiday cookie company......
We have an unlimited amount of free brownies and cookies at our disposal all day long. I am really worried that this non-stop temptation for the next 6 weeks will really dereail my progress and goals.

Would love to make some new supportive friends on here and hope I can offer the same to you! :)

Replies

• gish27
    gish27 Posts: 78
    Options
    thats a big temptation,stay strong and you will beat it :)
  • godsgirl70
    godsgirl70 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Have you added work outs to your daily lifestyle yet? What has helped me is....when I am tempted or think about eating something not very healthy, I realize how hard I have to work out to burn that amount of calories. I only burn 177 calories while running 4.5 miles/hour for 13 minutes on the treadmill. It drains me, therefore, I keep that in mind when I consider a brownie or cookie that would easily be more than that mile run to burn.

I've lost 66 pounds so far, but only found this app a couple of weeks ago, so only 6 pounds on the app. It really is mind over matter and viewing food as a nourishment instead of reward. Good luck!
  • shirleygirl910
    shirleygirl910 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I can be around something and not have problems as long as I don't take that frist bite. I went to a holiday party the other day and I kept ending up in the kitchen. It was a huge kitchen with all the deserts on all the counters. There wasn't room for any more on the counter. It smelled so good, but I just kept joking, I was just there to smell it.
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    You have to want it, that is want to lose the extra weight bad enough to not fall into temptation. Giving yourself that one brownie to enjoy for some calorie burning exercise may be fine but weigh the caloric intake against the activity. I have given up many of my old treats for the last 11 weeks and have been rewarded with a 16 pound loss. Do I never give myself a treat? Sure I do but usually only when exercise allows for it. Use that cookie but limit it to the one. And realize how hard it may be if you have too many.

The fact that you are on MFP indicates a desire to do what is healthy and right for you. Be truthful to yourself and log that brownie in like I do my peanut butter and the praise and motivation will come pouring in. You can do this, friend. You just have to want it bad enough.

Will