Lose 13 lbs by 12/31/2012

Options
I started MFP at the end of July and 100+ days later, I am 17 lbs lighter! Took hard work and discipline, as you all know. :happy:

One of my short term goals this year is to lose 30 lbs by Dec 31st. I find that after 3 months on this new lifestyle, my old self is slowly creeping back in. I have been taking short cuts lately and eating stuff I know I shouldn't. :frown:

But now it's time to get serious again, and fire up the motivation part of this journey. I need all the help I can get!

I was on 1200 cal for 2 months. After listening to suggestions from friends, I switched up to 1500 for 2 weeks, and now 1600. This was also supported by the EM2WL web site (Eat More 2 Weigh Less). The trouble with raising the cal count for me though is I find "room" for junk food in my cal daily allowance! Ugghh!

Today, I am resetting my stats.. TDEE calculator (http://thefitgirls.com/weight-loss-calculator.aspx) tells me I should be at 1438 daily cal to reach my 13 lb goal in 7 weeks.

Wish me luck and feel free to send some encouragement and love my way!! :happy:

Replies

• eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have already lost a significant amount!

I am older than you and probably much heavier but since joining the weight has just been coming off and I have not been that obsessed with keeping my calories that low. I was doing 1000- 1200 and felt like crap, so now I try to stay round 1450 more or less. Some days I am more hungry than others!

My goal was 225 by xmas. Well am down to 229 now...hmm, I should rethink my xmas goal to 220! Its reasonable and i prefer meeting the goals rather than getting upset that I didn't make em.

I joined TOPS for my weighins. And I try to move daily. Usually gardening, but soon that will be on hold and am getting a machine tomorrow! Am excited about it! A pilates responder (my superhero weapon against being old and outta shape!). Looks like fun.

Keep on logging!

Christine