Alcohol

Options
My brothers birthday is next Saturday and my family is throwing him a birthday party. Usually and I'm pretty sure like most family there is food, drinks and dancing. My family for one always celebrates with cocktails and food. I was wondering how everyone manages their alcohol consumption while losing weight. I am not normally one who goes looking for "skinny girl" drinks or cocktails, I just work out harder the next day.

Replies

• Jessamyfrm
    Options
    Like you said, all I do is work out harder the next day to make up for it.

Nothing wrong with alcohol in moderation!
  • gothicfires
    gothicfires Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I don't normally drink. But I would just give yourself that time off. The next day you can pick up back on your plan. No need to work harder. The calories eventually be expended just like all the ones you've gained before.
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    If I want to have a drink or two, I just fit in into my calories for the day. I also tend to drink things that are easy to calculate the calories of -- like a glass of wine or a bottle of beer -- rather than mixed drinks with an unknown number of ingredients.

For a party night, though, you might want to give yourself that evening as a cheat night... but more for the yummy food than the drinks! The amount of drinking that would bust your calorie budget would probably leave you feeling nasty the next day. You can also consider keeping your net calories a little lower than normal next week so you can splurge at the party.
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka with water and then I add mio. Easy at the bar too because I always have a bottle of mio in my purse, cuts out a lot of calories and tastes really good.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    http://www.getdrunknotfat.com has a lot of helpful info.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I don't always drink, but when I do... I drink ALL THE BOOZEZ!!!!!!! :drinker:

Really, just plan for it and you'll be fine. I'm going out tonight and plan on having at least 6 pints of something high-cal.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    i like using the heuristic of choosing between sweets or alcohol. (I don't like eating sweets w alcohol anyways as it can sometimes make me feel a little sick)

If there is good red wine available or champagne, good lord how i love champagne, then i have that. It's not about calories... i just love red wine and champagne. If those aren't available, then I go with liquor and diet drink. I mentally keep track of how many I had. I try to stop at 3 glasses of anything.
  • anniebelle26
    anniebelle26 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thats a terrific idea,Dream Big. I have a party to go to tomorrow...Im taking my Mio with me!!