omg :(

Options
I went over my cals by 400 without even realising :O How can I make this up, should I eat 800 tomorrow?

Replies

• AliceLMS
    AliceLMS Posts: 2,428 Member
    Options
    Exercise, exercise, exercise, do it now.:wink:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    No, no, no! Eat your allotted amount tomorrow, which I'm assuming is 1,200. That may not even be enough, but it's better than 800!
  • benmarcum
    benmarcum Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    you do not panic. tomorrow is another day. do not cut back on your calories tomorrow...just stick to the plan. sometimes...it just happens ya know ;)
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    No, never go below 1200 cals! Either learn from today & start fresh tomorrow, or get thee to a gym for a butt buster workout.
  • greeneyes82
    greeneyes82 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    No, you just realize you let yourself go a little over today, but tomorrow is a new day. Start off fresh and try to keep at the target 1200.
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    So what don't worry about it. Just think if u were not logging u would be over EVERYDAY.
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    No way! It's ok to slip up every now and then. Just workout more tomorrow and start fresh. One day won't hurt anything just as long as you keep it to one day every once in a while. You'll be fine!
  • lisawest
    lisawest Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    NO! Eat normal tomorrow. MFP has you set at a deficit. If you are set to lose 1lb a week, that's a deficit of 500 calories per day. Therefore, if you go over the recommended calories by less than that, you just won't lose as fast as you would have otherwise. Not a disaster. Just so you know, even if the scale says that you HAVE gained weight tomorrow, it's water weight.

In short: Go on as normal tomorrow, and drink some extra water. It will be alright. This week you may only lose .5lb instead of 1lb, but you will be FINE!
  • samseed101
    samseed101 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Before you start to panic, think about this.... you actually DIDN'T go over your calories at all (or at least you most likely didn't.)

If you, like most people, have this set up to lose 1lb or more per week, then that means that MFP will set you up in AT LEAST a 500 calorie per day deficit. That means that even if you go over your calories by 500 each and every day, you will not gain a single pound (in theory.)

So even at 400 over your "allowed" calories for a day, you are still at a 100 calorie deficit, meaning that you would still lose weight, just at a slower rate.

In other words, you ahve nothing to worry about. And even if you went over by a few hundred more...one day isn't going to kill you.
  • jess1304
    Options
    EXCERSIZE! You can burn up to 1000 calories in an hour if you workout hard enouph. Maybe Just powerwalk for an hour or so and that'll do it.
  • jlking
    jlking Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I like to go by Subway and have a foot-long Chicken Teriyaki on wheat with sweet onion sauce. No cheese. It is relatively guilt free and tastes excellent.