Did you ever?

Options
13»

Replies

• ravengirl1611
    ravengirl1611 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    The two that I remember most - is the one for the planets order (at least the order in the 70s & 80s)

Man Very Early Made Jars Stand Up Nearly Perpendicular

and we did another one for the order of species thing but I can never remember exactly what it was - just that we had one.

And I loved school house rock
  • Lyndi4
    Lyndi4 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I remember the Every Good Boy Does Fine from music class & Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally from math. Then does anyone else remember singing, "Fifty Nifty United States... from 13 original colonies... Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana! ... I loved singing that song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALhEGiA5k5I

The version I learned in school was slightly different than this one, but you get the point.
  • rjt1000
    rjt1000 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I just want something that helps people remember the difference between 'lose' and 'loose' as those words are COMPLETELY different. Drives me batty.

You will lose your pants if your belt is too loose.....
  • sicoe17
    sicoe17 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I remember the Every Good Boy Does Fine from music class & Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally from math. Then does anyone else remember singing, "Fifty Nifty United States... from 13 original colonies... Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana! ... I loved singing that song!

The version I learned in school was slightly different than this one, but you get the point.
    Oh my god! I didn't think anyone else knew that song! I sang it with an after school choir when I was 8 or so and it still gets stuck in my head. None of my friends ever have any idea what I'm talking about. I was starting to think I was going crazy and making up memories.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    HOMES - Huron Ontario Michigan Erie Superior

I never memorized the Great Lakes until my Yankee husband taught me that one
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Then does anyone else remember singing, "Fifty Nifty United States... from 13 original colonies... Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana! ... I loved singing that song!

Oh my god! I didn't think anyone else knew that song! I sang it with an after school choir when I was 8 or so and it still gets stuck in my head. None of my friends ever have any idea what I'm talking about. I was starting to think I was going crazy and making up memories.

I remember my elementary school chorus and singing this song at the Stephen Foster Folk Festival almost 40 years ago. I can't name all the states quickly without singing it! My kids think I'm nuts too, but they can't name the states quickly so "HA!"