500-600 calories

Options

Replies

• lilaboogie
    Options
    If i increase my calories now though will i gain weight stupidly fast after eating so little for so long?

Yes, but only if your protein exceeds 27 grams in a day :sick:

I would say the same thing about carb intake, instead of proteins. Proteins are good for your body as they provide immediate energy, which OP must be using since she works 12 hour shifts. Carbs are what make you store fat if you eat a lot of them.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    you're not "craving" things, you're STARVING.

EAT DAMMIT!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    If i increase my calories now though will i gain weight stupidly fast after eating so little for so long?

You might see a small gain at first, but you will be healthier, stronger, and it will all even out. Be patient. This isn't a race.
  • day213
    day213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    There was a time in my life that I ate 600 calories a day. I also lost a ton of weight. I was able to maintain most of what I lost when I increased my calories but when I did that, I felt like I was losing control. It was only with help from an eating disorder clinic that I was able to get back to a normal, healthy lifestyle.

Best of luck.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Sorry-i meant to suggest adding 150-200 calories each day per week until you were up to eating at least 1200 calories a day!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    nvmd
  • Geni_B
    Geni_B Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I believe strawberries and watermelon are low glycemic fruits so they would be fine to eat at night for a snack, I make fruit smoothies for my snack in the evenings and have no problems loosing my weight, look up more low glycemic foods on the internet to help with this problem. best wishes
  • ToughTulip
    ToughTulip Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
  • samanthawarren
    Options
    All I can say besides agreeing with everyone else is PLEASE follow the advice. You are far too young to ruin your long term health. Even if you gain a little back going up to 1200-1400 calories, it will start falling off again once your body has adjusted.

Are you exercising as well. I don't know how tall you are, but it might be better if you upped your calories even more and got some exercise. In addition to losing weight exercise can help your mood.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    I believe strawberries and watermelon are low glycemic fruits so they would be fine to eat at night for a snack, I make fruit smoothies for my snack in the evenings and have no problems loosing my weight, look up more low glycemic foods on the internet to help with this problem. best wishes

And you completely ignore that the OP is eating 500-600 calories. WOW!
  • _JR_
    _JR_ Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    You should change your intake to about 250 calories a day.....that way, you'll look fabulous in your casket!

BTW, I'm bringing doughnuts to the funeral.

Are you this nasty in real life too? :grumble:
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're headed for permanent organ damage.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    You should change your intake to about 250 calories a day.....that way, you'll look fabulous in your casket!

I know, total charmer, telling a 19 year old girl that probably has an ED to eat 250 calories and basically telling them they are going to die.
  • dkweathington
    dkweathington Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    All I can say besides agreeing with everyone else is PLEASE follow the advice. You are far too young to ruin your long term health. Even if you gain a little back going up to 1200-1400 calories, it will start falling off again once your body has adjusted.

Are you exercising as well. I don't know how tall you are, but it might be better if you upped your calories even more and got some exercise. In addition to losing weight exercise can help your mood.

I hate to see young girls destroy their health!!!!. :sad:
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

Better Instantly Take Correction, Hun.

You're out of line, and reported. It's beyond not cool to joke about the death of a person facing a life threatening illness. Get a grip.
  • Rhia55
    Rhia55 Posts: 247
    Options
    Go to Google and look up Karen Carpenter.

Now start to eat more before you wind up the same way. Please.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    I ate 600 calories while reading this thread.
  • Siege_Tank
    Siege_Tank Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    It says you have 9 pounds to go. If I had 9 pounds to go I'd start eating very close to a maintenance diet, and trim back to a 200-300 calorie deficit. You're nearing the end of the road, and the last few pounds are the hardest to tear off. Eating less than a thousand calories a day is only going to make you miserable and angry.

If you've been on your calorie restriction for a while, reset. Take a few weeks to see what your maintenance calorie requirements are and stay there for a week or two to be sure, and then cut down the rest of the way.

If you are balls to the walls stubborn that you can't wait to shred off the last ten pounds, like I imagine I will be when I get there, then increase your workouts, add weights, stress your body to give you that muscle definition that makes women look so good, like well formed glutes and killer legs. There are only two ways to rid your body of fat, reduce calorie intake and increase your calorie expenditure. If you have more muscle all over your body, it will be easier to create a calorie deficit.

Less than a thousand calories a day really doesn't get you anywhere. Do you have lots of energy throughout the day, wake from sleep restful, and have the strength to sprint or jog up a flight of stairs at a moment's notice? If you don't you're feeling the effects of STARVATION.
  • Cranktastic
    Cranktastic Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options

I know, total charmer, telling a 19 year old girl that probably has an ED to eat 250 calories and basically telling them they are going to die.

maybe all of her friends would like to know what kind of person she is.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    This answer is somewhat complex.

If you started at a very high body fat percentage and maintained this steep deficit which resulted in significant weight loss rapidly, then it is likely that you will regain a disproportionate amount of fat back vs lean body mass. In other words, you may regain a lot of fat but very little of the lean body mass you lost when you refeed post chronic malnourishment. You may want to very slowly increase calories because it may take a while for your metabolism to pick up to speed. Either case, you should really visit a doctor who specializes in disordered eating and discuss the proper treatment for you.
This discussion has been closed.