Trying to gain muscle

Options
I just heard about this site. I have been on a cut for about 11 months and lost 21 LB Body fat I was never overweight just wanted to get in great shape. Now i want to replace those lost lbs with lean muscle mass, however the projected calories here are way off from what i read and they are only giving me 94 g of protein but the rule of thumb is 1 gram for every pound of weight. which means about 150 grams. Just trying to gain mass slowly so i can avoid any real fat gain.

BattlingMaxo

Replies

• sharoniballoni
    sharoniballoni Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    MFP makes recommendations, but you can set your settings based on your specific goal.

Check this out:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • wam_bam
    wam_bam Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Truth is, you will gain fat when bulking, it's inevitable. I would def try to eat 1g per pound of body-weight in protein and start with 1.5g per pound of body-weight in carbs. Eating healthy fats from nuts, fish, etc... highly important. Obviously eating 150g straight from food is tough, so a quality protein shake can help meet the demands.

If you wanna know the basics... Lift heavy, eat big, and sleep like a giant!

If you wanna know specifics, feel free to shoot me a message and I can help get you started.