How to burn 500 to 700 cals an hour ?

Options
I see a lot of people who burn at least this many, what are you doing ? I like to hike a nearby ridge but bodybugg says I only burn around 350. Can you throw some examples my way please!

Replies

• kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    i can burn about 450 in 30 minutes of HIIT running

the intervals are 1 minute walking, 1 minute jogging, 1 minute running

keep in mind, each body burns calories differently based on bodyfat, gender, size
  • buckmeatball
    buckmeatball Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Insanity-all are between 500 and 1000 depending on the month/workout. Lots of muscle training too.
  • amann1976
    amann1976 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    unless they are monitoring their heart rates they have no idea how many calories they are burning...

i can do the same workout on two different treadmills and the calorie count is different by more than 100 calories
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    interval training) i can burn up to 600 cal an hr 5'8 159 pounds jogging 1min walking 1min and so forth i also pushing a jogging stroller with 6 kilo bub in it :)
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Umm.....Run?!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    being really overweight and out of shape helps.
    i remember when i first started kickboxing class my cardio fitness was horrible. i burned a little over 800 cals per class according to my HRM. my heart rate was hella high and i had to take lots of breaks

6 months later i took the same class, would take no breaks and my calorie burn would be half that even though i had only lost like 20 pounds. the difference is that my fitness had increased that much that the class was half as hard as wehn i started
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    P90X
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Well a lot depends on age, gender, weight, height. The bigger and younger you are and if you are a man then you'll burn more. The higher your fitness level the less you burn.

Then there's the fact that people use all kinds of calculators to estimate their burns and often get exaggerated numbers. Unless you know someone is exactly the same as you then you really can't compare. I generally burn around 300 calories per 1/2 hour of running outside using my HRM but that's me!
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    unless they are monitoring their heart rates they have no idea how many calories they are burning...

i can do the same workout on two different treadmills and the calorie count is different by more than 100 calories

Bwahhahahaha......OK.

smiley-laughing025.gif
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Insanity-all are between 500 and 1000 depending on the month/workout. Lots of muscle training too.

False. I am 5'4 120 and burn between 200-350 doing insanity. 400 on max interval.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    get off your *kitten* and get moving! lol, seriously I can burn about 500 calories by running for 45 minutes, which is my regular exercise. I also do programs like insanity, depending on which session your doing it could be about 500 calories too.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i push myself to the limit
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Well a lot depends on age, gender, weight, height.

I'm 210 pounds, 6'2" and I burn about 900 - 1000 calories in under 50 minutes. Just run 5 miles. Outside of course. I don't get near that many calories off of a treadmill. (I'm using a Polar FT7 to count calories)
  • RobynMWilson
    RobynMWilson Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    I did P90X and still do some X workouts and I burn that much doing Plyo X, Kenpo X, most of those workouts. Also, I'm burning more calories throughout the day with ChaLEAN Extreme b/c I'm lifting heavy (for me, anyway lol) and revving my metabolism!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options

False. I am 5'4 120 and burn between 200-350 doing insanity. 400 on max interval.

that's because your 120 pounds, your not going to burn as much as someone with more body weight, as they have to exert more energy. For instance, myself, I weigh 175 and can burn 500 calories in a Max Interval training.. around 350-450 in a phase one workout.

Like someone said above, everyone is different. Not everyone is going to burn the same amount of calories doing the same exercise
  • SomeoneSomeplace
    SomeoneSomeplace Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Run! I don't think hiking will do it because it doesn't raise your heart rate enough
  • rachelilb
    rachelilb Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Like others have said...it depends on a lot of different things. When i first started working out at 220 pounds i would burn around 1000 for an hour and a half of cardio. Now at 135 I only burn 600
  • McBully4
    McBully4 Posts: 1,270 Member
    Options
    like this
    Obbms.gif
  • victorious27
    victorious27 Posts: 250 Member
    Options

Bwahhahahaha......OK.

smiley-laughing025.gif

Yeah, I just thought that this response was funny.
    Man, I have more of a mean side than I thought!
  • NikkiDea48
    Options
    I have been doing the Zumba Fitness for Wii. A 45 minute class burns b/w 600 to 700 calories. The 66 minute class can burn as many as 1000 calories! Love it because not only am I getting a good workout but it is fun and makes me want to keep doing it. I think they have Zumba for some of the other gaming machines too.