I am worried that I won't ever see results...

First: If you are going to reply in a condescending or rude way, go jump off a bridge.

Anyway, I haven't really lost that much weight. I lose betweeen 3-5 pounds my first month in, but it hasn't changed much since. I am almost two weeks into my second month. I am beginning to wonder if I won't actually lose weight at all...MFP says "if every day was like today you would be such and such weight" but I don't think it's realistic. If I am not lighter by the end of five weeks, I don't know what I will do =/

I guess all I can do is keep it up and hope for the best?

Replies

• barbaramitchell101
    barbaramitchell101 Posts: 360 Member
    hang in there...every one is different, and the best way is SLOW....I had more luck when I decreased my carbs and increased my protein...I usually drink a high protein drink...
  • Have you tried taking similar images of yourself each month? My scale doesn't always move, but when I look at pictures about a month apart there is a noticeable body fat difference. Scales are dasterdy little suckers, who can make you feel like you aren't losing weight, when you honestly are and gaining a bit of muscle. If you haven't, I suggest trying something similar from now on. My scale in a month said about 5.5lbs lost, but the difference in pictures was enormous! Picture differences keep me going!
  • fun_b
    fun_b Posts: 199 Member
    Hey it will happen. The whole of October I only lost two pounds and I felt very frustrated. But in the last two weeks I have lost 5 pounds. You just have to be patient :)
  • RobKarmic
    RobKarmic Posts: 108 Member
    It's completely possible you're not dieting right not eating often enough or not getting a specific nutrient or water although if you are then it's completely accurate I eat around 1300 calories a day lately and I eat about 5 small meals and it completely fills me up sometimes I don't eat enough in fact! and in the past exactly a month I've lost 7 lb
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Hang in there.. My weight fell off in chunks. I can honestly say i am glad it did i have very good eating habits now, and activity and exercise isbstarting to be something i look forward to.
  • RobKarmic
    Try weighing yourself early in the morning right when you wake up before you eat or drink anything that'll give you the most accurate number but liquid weight and stool will always give you a less accurate number
  • jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Hang in there, I felt exactly the same as you when I started, first of all get the tape measure out. On the week I gained a pound I lost an inch from my waist. You will see a difference if you persevere I promise. For now, concentrate on how you feel not what the scales say, everytime you can do a bit more exercise than last time or feel like you have more energy you'll know this is working for you. Good luck you can do this x
  • seeing a doctor will help a great deal. it could be your metabolism (make sure to eat breakfast it kick starts your metabolism), a thyroid problem or you could be consuming too much sodium which will make you bloated. log all of your food on here & exercise & you should see results.
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    How many calories ate you eating and what percentages are your macros set at? X
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    i like how you are the rude and condescending one right off the bat.

you are expecting big results in a short amount of time. it takes many people months, if not years of discipline and training to get the results they want.

work hard, be paitent.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Kick the scales around until you find a bit of floor you like.
    Measure - let the tape measure be your guide.
    Don't let the weighing scales be your bully but do let the kitchen scales be your trusted adviser.

If you are close to your (realistic) goal then you will need to be very patient.

Best wishes
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    liquid weight and stool will always give you a less accurate number
    You weigh yourself sitting on a stool? Why? :huh:
  • hughtwalker
    If you weighed yourself immersed in liquid the the results would be "encouraging" with or without the stool
  • NotSoBigNeil
    NotSoBigNeil Posts: 215 Member
    If you weighed yourself immersed in liquid the the results would be "encouraging" with or without the stool
    Just tried that and now my scales aren't working :sad:
  • RobKarmic

No stool is a more civilized word for **** if you haven't pooped or peed lately you'll weigh quite a bit more than you think
  • RobKarmic
    literacy isn't your strong point is it?
  • hughtwalker
    I assume you are from the Colonies since irony surely isn't yours.

Good day
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member

and jokes aren't yours!
  • Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    First: If you are going to reply in a condescending or rude way, go jump off a bridge.

Anyway, I haven't really lost that much weight. I lose betweeen 3-5 pounds my first month in, but it hasn't changed much since. I am almost two weeks into my second month. I am beginning to wonder if I won't actually lose weight at all...MFP says "if every day was like today you would be such and such weight" but I don't think it's realistic. If I am not lighter by the end of five weeks, I don't know what I will do =/

Stop wasting time worrying...its get none of us no where....one day at a time... remember you control what you eat and you control if you want to exercise. You can do it. Don't look for fast results- aim to one pound at a time...this way you won't beat yourself up over it. I have been here for 4 years...I wont give up. I got great results and maintaining now I decided to step it up and get the last 15 off....
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    it could be your metabolism (make sure to eat breakfast it kick starts your metabolism),

oh goodness....our metabolism does not get "kick started" by eating breakfast

a caloric deficit and time are the only requirements

nothing else