Newbie here

Options
Hi all. I'm here after trying another web based weight loss support site. I hope this site proves to be better. I met my weight loss goal 3 years ago and maintained it for 2 years. 13 months ago I quit smoking. Since April then I've gained over 15 lbs back and continue to climb back up the scale. I keep a journal and try to stay at 1200-1400 calories per day, generally exercising 3-4 times a week. I'm also menopausal (yay for me) and I'm sure that's adding a lovely twist to all this. Anyway, looking forward to chatting with folks and trying to lose what came back uninvited.

Replies

• rajekred
    Options
    Good for you on quitting smoking. Remember, one of the biggest reasons people smoked was because they were bored. Fill up your time doing something that will keep your hands busy and keep you away from the fridge!

Good luck~
  • rachelbee
    Options
    Hi!! I'm a newbie too! I gained a lot of weight after major surgery and going through chemotherapy. I used food for comfort. Now the weight is causing health issues - high blood pressure and diabetes. So I am using this site in conjunction with a local weight loss & health clinic that specializes in helping people change their lifestyles to improve their health and manage their weight. I, too, am menopausal, and had tried other thingsthat worked for me in the past, like Weight Watchers, but I didn't have the success I had previously. So here I am, and good luck to all others here.

Rachelbee