Then & Now - But done a different way

Options
I was recently cleaning out a closet of things that no longer fit as a result of my weight loss when I came across a pleasant surprise! My favorite jean jacket from from nearly 40 years ago! (Back when we were all John Denver fans :laugh: ) I thought this closet was just stuff that was too big for me now. Well, my wife had also been storing clothes that were too small for me that she knew I loved. Well, I just had to try it on... and see for yourself! Ro-c-k-y Moun-tain High, Col-o-rad-o ! :happy: :bigsmile:

Rich%20jj%20collage.jpg

Replies

• drvvork
    drvvork Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Sweet Rocky Mountain High!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!!!!! :drinker:
  • 4healys
    4healys Posts: 44
    Options
    Now that's just awesome! Doesn't it feel great?!?! You look wonderful and I know you feel just as good now as you did 30 years ago. Congratulations!!! And that's a pretty great wife you've got there to think to do that for you. Give her a big hug:flowerforyou:
  • rajekred
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome! And hey, we're all still John Denver Fans. Take Me Home...Country Roads...
  • OneMission
    OneMission Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
    Good for you :drinker:
  • K1sses
    K1sses Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fanatastic! I've got a classy heather grey skirt that buttons up the side waiting on me. Hope I'm as successful as you!
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Wow! It looks great on you.
    Congratulations! :smokin:
  • denny4
    denny4 Posts: 11
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • oAngieMaeo
    Options
    it just has to be said... You are AMAZING!!!! Congrats to you for all of your hard work!!!
  • Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Well look at you! :wink:

That must have felt so good, you look amazing - your weight loss is amazing!
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904
    Options
    You look great. I bet it looks good with the pants too:bigsmile: Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    What's even more amazing is the date on the picture of you in the jacket is dated the day AFTER your post!!!:noway: :laugh:

I know, the date is set wrong on the camera, but it made me think it had something to do with the Rocky Mountain "high" :laugh:

What a great accomplishment--your weight loss AND the jacket fitting again. I had a similar experience, except, by the time I found the pair of jeans I remembered from years gone by, they were TOO BIG!!! Had to go shopping. How "terrible"---NOT:laugh:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Congratulations Rich! :flowerforyou: You did an AWESOME job, and look terrific! :wink: :smile:
  • Redkoala
    Redkoala Posts: 146
    Options
    well done mate!
  • PanicAtTheBuffet
    Options
    Now the downside. I hope your wife isn't like mine and say "You're not really going to wear that out in public, are you?" and your answer is "Yes I am Dear, now where are my bell bottoms?"

CONGRATS!!!
  • kellygirl5538
    kellygirl5538 Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    ahahhhahah great story!
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    That's so neat! Thanks for sharing!
  • angelwings2000
    angelwings2000 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    You look great! It is so amazing to find that old cherished piece of clothing and find it fits again. I can't wait to be able to do that. Thanks for the inspiration!!
  • 34at35
    34at35 Posts: 318
    Options
    Now the downside. I hope your wife isn't like mine and say "You're not really going to wear that out in public, are you?" and your answer is "Yes I am Dear, now where are my bell bottoms?"

CONGRATS!!!

Thanks! And you're correct, Panic! Those were the first words out of her mouth when I suggested we go out for lunch right after that shot was taken! :laugh: But she added, there's a hole in one sleeve. (It was from laying it down too close to the campfire many, many years ago. An ember landed on it and burned a small hole in one sleeve before I noticed. But I couldn't bear to part with it!)
  • 34at35
    Options
    What's even more amazing is the date on the picture of you in the jacket is dated the day AFTER your post!!!:noway: :laugh:

I know, the date is set wrong on the camera, but it made me think it had something to do with the Rocky Mountain "high" :laugh:

What a great accomplishment--your weight loss AND the jacket fitting again. I had a similar experience, except, by the time I found the pair of jeans I remembered from years gone by, they were TOO BIG!!! Had to go shopping. How "terrible"---NOT:laugh:

Oops! You're right! Today is the last day of January - not yesterday! :ohwell: Can't an ol' guy getta break? :embarassed:

You know they say the mind is the second thing to go! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • 34at35
    Options
    You look great. I bet it looks good with the pants too:bigsmile: Keep up the great work. You are an inspiration to us all.

Oh yeah! Forgot about the pants! :laugh:

Should we vote on what I should do with the jacket?

:heart: Wear it in public

:noway: Don't wear it in public

:smokin: PUT IT IN THE FIRE - NOT JUST NEXT TO THE FIRE!

:yawn: put it back where you found it
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!