Challenge: Can you stop nighttime snacking for a whole month

Replies

• zaza54
    zaza54 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Great job, 3littlegirls !:flowerforyou:
    So, we each made it through Day 1. How did everyone else do?
    Zaza
  • Made it through, though I also didn't have any particular cravings for anything... Then again, maybe the sticky note I put on my door to remind me is actually working.

Good job to everyone sticking to it!
  • Eh. Had hot flash wake me about 3am, had the hungries, and had a thin slice of swiss cheese. Better than a bowl of cereal tho' right? Will hope to do better tonight, promise.
  • zaza54
    How are you doing Twenty Ten? You can do this!

Way to go enj09b! :flowerforyou: Are you getting thru tonight too?

I have to say this challenge is working for me. I kept my eye on the clock and, now that it's cut-ff time, I am not having anything except seltzer. So, unless I totally lose control, tonight will be Day 2 for me.

Good luck everyone.
    Zaza
  • I did it. Yay. I actually slept through a night without getting up at all. Worked late, dinner was late, might have something to do with it. Nevertheless a snack free night. Glad to hear you were successful too zaza. Lets do the same tonight!
  • I missed my cut off last night by about 15-20 minutes because it was a non school night, so my girls got to bed a tad later, and I didn't even get back to the main floor until 5 minutes past my cut off time.. But got my snack right away, and ate it, and didn't get anything else for the rest of the night. :)
  • nina1968
    nina1968 Posts: 86 Member
    Just wanted to check in since i joined this challenge. So far so good. No snacking after 730 for me. It has been 5 days and counting.
  • Well I blew it last night. 3am hot flash had me up and a bowl of cereal helped me back to bed. Very little will power that time of night, particularly after the day I had. So, .. yeah. Tonight is another night tho. I figure the challenge is a whole month , not just going to let a night or two or three make me throw in the towel.

See some of you are good at this!

How's it going zaza?
  • Two fer two for me. Made it through last night without any 3am snacks. Now if I could do two in a row I might start to get somewhere!
  • Although it seems i may be talking to myself at this point, I DID get through another night without the 3am snack attack.
    It's a good thing. Hope everyone else out there is having some success!
  • zaza54
    Hi-
    I am so sorry I have not posted. I had the best of intentions when I started this challenge, but I went to Fla to visit my parents and had no access to a computer (or scale).
    I am trying to get caught up and will read thru this thread and post again later. Please let me know if anyone is still interested. Needless to say, I am back to Day 1. But, that's the beauty of this monthly challenge - can jump in anytime.
    Zaza
  • Welcome back zaza. I have actually been doing pretty good. Sleeping through the night makes all the difference for me.. I believe that is the exercise making that possible.
  • zaza54
    Good morning-
    How is everyone doing?
    My first night back was not successful. I was out to dinner in NYC w/my kids and blew it when I came home. Just had to have a coke and that opened the floodgates.
    Tonight WILL be a new night and a better night. Tonight will be my new Day 1.
    What's the longest stretch anyone has had so far of no late night snacking?
    Zaza
  • Well i managed for about ten days. Last night however, woken at 3am , again, had a small bowl of cereal.
  • zaza54
    TwentyTen ,10 days is pretty good!!! Try for another 10 in a row!:wink:
    I just came home from a presentation and was hungry. I've eaten everything in sight so I should be able to stick w/my cut-off time of 9:30m, especially since I'm way over in calories. Just to be on the safe side, I'm going upstairs to my bedroom and not coming down.
    Good luck TwentyTen and anyone else who's still doing this challenge.
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Been wondering why Zaza's not joining our challenges on this anymore. And here you are, with a competition thread :tongue: . Glad you're still working on this :flowerforyou: , but missed you in the challenge :brokenheart: .
    We decided to do it weekly, but I, for one, am counting the total of consecutive nights:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/81669-no-late-night-junk-snacking-feb-15-21?page=1#posts-1125156
    Maybe we can unify our efforts, what do you think? :wink:
  • zaza54
    Hi dewdrop! Glad to see you. :happy:
    I took a break of several months from mfp and am paying the price. :grumble: I knew I needed to get back to the good habits that had worked before so I thougth I'd start up the monthly challenge again. Weekly is good too, especially since I seem to be going day-by-day.:laugh: I've only made it through Day 1, but I was away. Now, I'm back on track and tonight WILL be my Day 2.

So, maybe we can link the two challenges (not sure how to do that) so they run simultaneously. Do the weekly challenge, which is more manageable and not so overwhelming, and also keep track for the overall month. I think they would work together very well. Which day of the week does the weekly challenge start on?
    Zaza
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Which day of the week does the weekly challenge start on?

It starts on Monday.
    It seems fair to me to keep track of the days there and post here at the end of the week our number for consecutive nights :smile:.
  • zaza54
    Sounds good. Either way, tonight is my Day 2. I know it's a small number, but it's the beginning of a change in the right direction.:smile: I am very hopeful.
  • zaza54
    I made it through Day 2 and tonight is my Day 3. I am feeling very confident. I needed this challenge to get back on track.
    How is everyone else doing?
    Zaza
This discussion has been closed.