just started a few days ago and need friends!!

Options
I have been doing the "low" carb thing since end of july and I have lost over 40 lbs..I am at a standstill once again and need some motivation! I walk five times a day to work which equals about 30 min and then on my off days, I either walk for an hour or two or do the treadmill/elipitcal/bike for an hour..I love the fact that everyone is noticing my weight loss..it feels good..

Replies

• axialmeow
    axialmeow Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I do low carb also. I stalled out after losing 97lbs, got discouraged and started gaining. Now I realize I have to count calories too. I still eat low carb(I have PCOS so it's recommeded).
  • bedalee
    Options
    Dont give up change up your excersise and add more vegetables. Brocolli seems to help me when I plateau. if you can alternate and start doing a run walk. i walk a set of road to road and then jog a road to roadd. just changing up your excersise routine might just help
  • umer76
    umer76 Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Dont give up change up your excersise and add more vegetables. Brocolli seems to help me when I plateau. if you can alternate and start doing a run walk. i walk a set of road to road and then jog a road to roadd. just changing up your excersise routine might just help
    *This you need to do*
  • bedalee
    Options
    Im right with you I also ddid low carb lost about 100 and got lazy didnt stay focused and i put some back on. My husband and I are doing this together so hopefully I can get back to where I was a keep working you did it once yit again stay positive you can do it
  • mommieoftwingirls12
    Options
    I do walk/run..my goal is to do some type of marathon but I need to be able to run for more than 30 min at a time..i'm not quite there yet..I do give myself a meal once a week to cheat but without going too overboard. It seems to help with my cravings during the week because I look forward to that one cheat..
  • trchristy
    trchristy Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I did low carb as well lost the bulk of my weight, had a few stalls and there was one that I could just break so I changed to low fat and it broke it. I constantly rotated from low carb, low fat, and counting calories. Your body gets to use to the same old thing you need to change it up a bit occasionally. I was also told by my trainer that if you take one day when your stalled and eat what ever you want and go off plan it may be what your body needs to move on.