food intake

Options
If i go over my calorie intake for the day and i consume less calories the next day to make it up will i still loose weight.

Replies

• haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    It depends. For example:

Goal 2000 per day
    Day 1 3000 calories consumed
    Day 2 1000 calories consumed

That's the wrong approach. The right approach is:

Goal 2000 per day
    Day 1 3000 calories consumed
    Day 2 2000 calories consumed

If you're going over by 100 or 200 don't worry about it I say. The MOST IMPORTANT thing is the QUALITY of what you eat.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Well, some people deliberately alternate high and low calorie days (sometimes called Alternate Day Diet ADD or Up Day Down Day. Or intermittent fasting, IF)

If it's not deliberate, one day certainly isn't going to impact your weight loss.
  • C00lCountry
    Options
    I would say it depends on how much you truely vary.
    It would also determine how much are you under you TDEE.
    Just cause it works for others or you, doesn't mean it will work for you or others.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I have change my way of doing things a little. Rather than beating myself up about a day that I might have gone over on calories I tally my burn for the week.

I do log my calories on MPF but I also have a notebook that I use and in the evening I take 2 minutes to tally everything so it's quick and easy for me to see if I'm not able to log on.

Life happens. Some days you eat more some days you eat less. There are a lot of factors that determine how hungry you are. I like looking at a weekly goal rather than daily. It's easier for me and it's been working just fine!